Watch These 5 Underrated Halloween Specials To Prepare For Spooky Season

September 1st: *arrives*

Me: Happy Halloween

83

October is only six days away, so that officially marks the beginning of spooky season! To get in the mood for all the festivities, here are five Halloween movies and episodes from TV shows to add to your watch-list that may not have crossed your mind:

1. 'Scary Godmother'

This cute little Halloween special deserves more appreciation! It used to air on Cartoon Network every year around this time, and I remember being so excited to watch it when I was a kid. It's nostalgic and family-friendly, and will most definitely bring back memories of your childhood if you have seen this before!

For those who haven't seen 'Scary Godmother,' it's basically about a little girl who goes trick-or-treating with her older cousin and his friends, who dare her to enter "The Spook House," where she meets her Scary Godmother and other monsters, vampires, and a skeleton. She learns that monsters are nothing to be scared of, because they're all really friendly and are just like everyone else. Oh, and she just casually has a Halloween party with them.

2. 'Jennifer's Body'

First of all, this movie stars Megan Fox and Amanda Seyfried, so this information alone should convince you to watch.

Long story short, Megan Fox's character gets possessed by a demon after being sacrificed to Satan by this creepy cult, so she has to eat human flesh in order to stay alive. But the gag is, she only eats boys!

3. The 'Parks and Rec' Halloween episodes

Season 2, episode 7: Greg Pikitis

Season 4, episode 5: Meet 'n' Greet

Season 5, episode 5: Halloween Surprise

Season 6, episode 6: Recall Vote

You can thank me later.

4. 'Funsize'

Who remembers this classic with Victoria Justice? If you don't, allow me to jog your memory:

Little boy dressed as Spider-man goes missing.

Giant robotic chicken falls on top of car and humps it.

Victoria Justice runs frantically around town with a guy who is in love with her trying to find her missing brother.

That's basically all I remember about this movie, so I guess it's time I re-watch. From what I do recall, it was pretty good.

5. 'The Haunting Hour'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwNqtDyDbf4

Yet another nostalgic childhood film starring a goth Emily Osment and Cody Linley.

I pulled this one out of the deep recesses of my mind, but now that I've rewatched the trailer, it looks TERRIBLE. I loved it as a kid, though, and it was actually pretty scary to watch as a six year old. Who doesn't love a cheesy R.L. Stine production?

BONUS: 'Hocus Pocus'

Spooky season is not complete until you've watched 'Hocus Pocus.' No, it's not underrated, but it's definitely required and is a right of passage as a Halloween stan.

You have 36 days to watch all the spooky content you desire. Happy Halloween! (Yes, I know it's still September, and what about it?)