5 Tips To Help Prepare You For An Interview

These will help alleviate some anxieties you may have about the interviewing process.

145

Interview season has been upon us for quite some time, though it is not ending anytime soon! I understand how scary the interview process can be, but there are steps that can be taken to alleviate some of that anxiety. If you need to prepare for an interview, but don’t know where to begin, here are some tips and tricks that I have personally used and have noticed work well:

1. Know the ins and outs of the company that you are interviewing for

This could mean anything from a company moto all the way down to case studies of theirs from the recent years. It is incredibly important that you show that you have done your research and truly care about the position that you are applying for.

2. Be prepared to ask questions!

Contrary to popular belief, you don’t want the whole interview to be about you. Make sure that whoever you are speaking to knows that you have certain concerns or curiosities about the company.

3. Research the person that you are going to be speaking to

Whether that be the recruiter or someone higher up, knowing who you're talking to makes you come across much better in an interview. You look prepared, engaged and genuinely interested. You'll also avoid saying something you shouldn't have said to this particular person. You can do this by looking through their LinkedIn!

4. Research what types of questions the company is known for asking in an interview

I usually do this by looking up the company on Glassdoor (I promise that this website will become your best friend). You'll definitely be more prepared and ready for their questions if you have a general gist of what they might ask you.

5. Rest up!

Get a good night sleep and eat a healthy meal before your interview. I know that this sounds like common sense, but it is important that you look, sound and feel as prepared for your interview as you can.

Here’s to a great interview season!