5 Things To Remember While Watching A Movie

It's time you guys should know how it's done.

680

Who said indulgence was just about ice-cream and bath-bomb baths? Coming from someone that views watching movies as a form of obtaining pure happiness, what else would it be?

When school is in session, I tend to appreciate the small things in life such as naps, doing nothing, and watching a good movie and/or a show. Because I am a film major, there isn't a better activity to do than to relax while studying how the storyline is being told through the shots.

There's just this one thing that grinds my gears. An audience that doesn't properly watch a movie right. Learning that there are so much time and effort that's put into a movie, I'm here to teach those annoying folk how to pay attention. Here's a list of common courtesy rules that everyone should adhere to...

1. Stop eating noisy foods!

Okay, so it's time to sit down and watch a movie. You're surrounded by a bunch of snacks but of course, someone brought a bag of chips to the room. Not a big deal until the bad guy is about to be revealed and instead of being pulled into the plot twist, you are suddenly distracted by the sound of the Lays bag being opened vigorously as they pretend to be low-key.

Then, there's the unsettling sound of someone smacking their lips as they suck the salt off their fingers. You then start to realize that the bad guy is actually not the one on the screen. STICK TO POPCORN AND SOUR PATCH KIDS.

2. Put your phone down!

I get it. I really do. You have to check to see if your boyfriend liked that bitch's picture again for the 5th time this month so you can text him that this is the last time it's going to happen. Forget about the movie that you claimed to have wanted to see it for a long time. That's fine, but maybe just look at the other screen instead so you can actually keep up with what's going on instead of pretending like you liked it when it's done?

3. Pee before you sit down!

I know you're going to give me the famous "but I didn't have to go before" again but let's be honest here, it's your fault you drank that much. You knew this would happen because it happens every damn time. Stop making me pause the movie for you and your bladder.

4. Stop asking dumb questions.

"Who's Voldemort?" First of all, let me just suggest to actually watch the movie. Your questions may or may not be answered.

5. Shut the hell up!

If I hear you make another comment while the characters are exchanging dialogue, I'm going to pause and rewind until you know to just stop. If you wanted to talk, it's not here. Save it for when the movie's over or during our MANY intermission breaks. No wonder why you're confused.