5 Things To Do On A Snowy Day

5 Things To Do On A Snowy Day

It's beautiful, but it's already melting...and while it melts, I'll glance out at it while I....

23
5 Things To Do On A Snowy Day
pexels.com

Snow is beautiful while it is falling and swirling around in the wind, speeding by the window. There's a softness and peace the way it lightly touches the ground as it accumulates and covers everything in its bright blanket of white. It also makes a dark moonless night brighter as it captures the light from the street lights and people's houses, making everything outside look like a scene from the Polar Express movie when the wolves appear in the snow-blanketed forest.

But when it starts to melt and everything gets all sloshy and muddy, I just want it to be gone. Honestly, in my mind, I am beginning to prepare for the beach - the balmy sun warming my arms and feet in the toasty sand while the salt water eases up and kisses my toes. I love everything about the beach. The snow, ehhh, I can take it or leave it - mostly leave it. But it is fun to take the time to do some things you might not think of on another day, just because the snow might have changed your schedule a bit. Here are 5 I am planning today.

1. Read a good book

giphy.com

I love hunkering down in the recliner with a cup of cocoa and a great book. My latest find, "Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine."

2. Go out and enjoy the snow.

Snow Dive giphy.com

It's always good for you to go out and get some exercise. The fresh air and temperature will make that cup of hot cocoa all the more yummy!

3. Take a cat nap

pexels.com

You've been working awfully hard studying for tests! Crawl under a soft blanket and take a cat nap. You'll feel so refreshed when you wake up!

4. Bake some cookies

pexels.com

These will be so good with your hot chocolate; all warm and gooey, the chocolate getting all over your fingers! YUM - I can smell them baking!

5. Hang some wallpaper

barbstevenson

I've been wanting to do this for weeks. Today, I am finishing the room so that I can once again walk through it!

Whatever strikes your fancy, take some "you" time today and while you do, take a minute to go out and scoop up some snow and throw it down your friend's shirt. That will produce some great exercise as you run for your life!

Happy snow day!