5 Things That Get Me Through The School Week

A Few Things To Make The Week Easier

63
Mindkey.me

Recently I've been realizing that I'm always a bit anxious on Mondays. I'm always thinking about the week ahead as it seems so daunting. There are some things I do to relieve my anxiety and make myself feel confident about getting through the week.

1. Me time/treating myself

Getting through the week would be nothing without having time to myself. There would be so much more stress if I didn't take time for myself every day, even if it's just half an hour. I take the time to watch Netflix (either re-watching "Friends" or "How I Met Your Mother" or even watching the latest episode of "Arrow") so I can focus on something I love as a break from my reality. I even treat myself to a snack I wouldn't normally have sometimes as a little comfort too. This is a part of my self-care routine and that is just so important in getting through.

2. Having something to look forward to

Every week I try to have something to look forward to as a bit of motivation. Most of the time it's my boyfriend coming to stay the night every Thursday, but it can be other things like spending a little on myself to get nails done. Just having something to work towards is a good motivation to keep going.

3. Skyping with friends

I try to do this at least once a week. Skyping with my group of friends who go to other schools is a priority in getting through the week. They make me laugh and relieve my stress whenever we have our group calls. They give me support and advice whenever I need it, simply always being there for me. I love that we have our little group and that we stay so close. Talking with them is key to calmly release all emotions so I can continue the week with a clear mind.

4. Dinner with my apartment-mates

This is one of my favorite weekly things to do. Having dinner with my apartment-mates is something I look forward to and something that helps me on its own. One of my apartment-mate makes great food and we sit together to eat it. We talk about our days or week so far and just relax together. It's relaxing to hang out together at least once because not only is it a break from reality but it's a chance to hang together even when our schedules are hectic.

5. Working hard

Working hard might be the most helpful thing in getting through. Keeping focused on what I have to do and remembering all the good things allows me to work hard to get through the end of the week. Being productive is the best feeling. Every day when I get important stuff done I am that much closer to the end of the week. I know once I get my stuff done I'll feel great and be closer to having another week in the books. Working hard is also motivated by a good amount of breaks, so that helps too.