5 Things Every "Law & Order: SVU" Addict Knows

"In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the special victims unit."

48

"In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories."

Yes, I typed that all from memory. Any "Law & Order: SVU" marathoner could repeat the opening statement word for word. Of course, we all know not EVERYTHING on tv is realistic, however, it still makes for a good show and big dreams. Any real lover of "Law and Order: SVU" can agree that they have learned these five things during any marathon or season.

1. Teamwork makes the dreamwork

Have you ever seen just one detective solve a crime? All hands on deck while the squad is working on a case. No detail can be left out, so there is always a team working on each case.

2. Female cops are BA.

I don't know what it is, but there is an intimidation level that female detectives reach. The death stares, the hair flips and the problem solving all come together to form one badass woman. (PSA: THAT WOMAN WILL BE ME ONE DAY.)

3. You learn the Miranda Rights within three episodes.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you..."

4. You cannot watch just one episode.

Everyone knows that when there is a marathon on USA, you must clear your whole schedule for the day. One episode is not enough. One thinks that they can control themselves and quit after one, but it is an addiction that cannot be cured.

5. Not everyone belongs together, no matter how bad we want them to be.

Yes, Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler would be the power couple of the century, but sadly, they think otherwise. As much as all of us SVU lovers wanted them (and still want them) to be together, they are much better as partners in crime.

DUN! DUN!