5 Things All College Students Need to Survive

I'm not talking about highlighters and glitter pens

160
Living on the Cheap

When you're young, you hear older people describe college and say the same phrase: "They're the best four years of your life." I'm sure that's true in the end, but I'm also sure of another fact: it can be hell at times. College students can relate when I say that most of the year is a blur. We remember the intramural tournaments, sorority date nights, and the football tailgates, but these are only 10 percent. The other 90 percent is home to all of the tests, research papers, study groups, and monotonous lectures we listen to on a daily basis. Also, don't forget the ridiculous amount of coffee runs taken between all of that. This process continues every day, from August until December and starts all over again in January until May. I don't know about you, but I'm not the Energizer Bunny, and every day is a struggle to make it to the next. Because of this, I have decided to be real with everyone and give you the truth about what's really gonna help you through it.

1. A regularly scheduled nap time

Naps are the only way I can power through my day. Curl up anywhere you can on campus. A chair in the lobby of someone's office. On the floor, against the wall in a hallway. I've even seen someone stretch across a study desk in the library. Bold.

2. A secluded spot in the library

I like this because it allows me to get my work done in intervals. I'm famous for doing schoolwork for thirty minutes, then turning a five-minute break into an hour-long YouTube binge. Plus, people tend to judge you for using a study room to watch makeup tutorials. I suggest you find a quiet, private corner.

3. A Netflix subscription

Does this even need an explanation?

4. A secret hiding place on campus

It should be somewhere with the least amount of foot traffic possible.The only rule I have for a secret spot on campus is no homework. You should have one place that's a homework free zone, where you can simply relax.

5. A planner to write everything down that you say you're gonna do, but probably won't

It should be noted that writing things down as "to do" won't actually get them done. But it's still good to have those things in ink, so when you turn the page on Monday and see that you have a paper due on Wednesday, you thank yourself for the heads up.