I own more books than I know what to do with. I have read at least 97% of them all the way through, and the other 3% weren't good enough for me to finish (but they still deserve a spot on my shelf). These are some of the struggles that I deal with as a book lover.
All of the series of books need to be sorted in order together, and if there are similar themes between the series, then they need to be together. So Harry Potter, a well known fantasy series, needs to be next to the Cirque du Freak series.
I have books on my bookshelf that were bought or given as gifts as far back as twelve years ago, and they all look like they were either just bought or read once. I am serious with the up keep of my books.
Because of struggle #2, I am very picky with who I lend my books out to. I stopped giving books to my siblings to borrow because they absolutely destroyed the first three Harry Potter books. These books are also almost eleven years old, and now, they look like it. I am very ashamed.
As nice as it is to get books at a cheaper price and to have many of them all in the same place, I prefer to have the feeling of an actual book in my hands. I do actually have a Kindle, and I have had it for many years. But if I can, I prefer to get the book in hard copy.
5. Hard back or Paper back?
That is the question. I prefer the hard back copy for the sake that it is easier to take care of, but I'm also not a fan of the sleeve that it comes with. If I take it off, then that will become destroyed or lost. For that reason, if it comes in paper back, then I will get that.