5 Reasons You're Still Watching Grey's Anatomy

It's Not Over Yet

41
People

Greys Anatomy, it's an iconic show to say the least. Airing for thirteen seasons and counting, it's hard to argue the success of this show. Death after death, tragedy after tragedy, I ask my self why do I still watch it? Why don't I, and the rest of it's viewers, give up on the show?

1. You've Come This Far

Face it. This show has been going on way too long. You've watched all thirteen seasons religiously, you've cried through all the untimely deaths, and you've grown to love each character deeply. You can't stop now!

2. You Need To Know What Happens

It's no secret that Shonda likes to kill all of our most beloved characters. Time and time again I have sworn I wouldn't watch another episode. Buy hey, we have to know what happens. We have to know if Shonda will make everything better, or if she will break our hearts again in season fourteen.

3. You Love Karev

We all hated him at first. He was cocky, arrogant, and acted like he only cared about himself. But as time went on, we all realized what a sweet, genuine guy Karev is. He's also one of the only original characters that has yet to be killed off. That's a reason to celebrate. And let's be real, after the last episode of season thirteen, we need to know what happens to our beloved Karev.

4. Meredith Is Kind Of A Mess

She has been there since the beginning, and boy has she lived through some tragedy. She's Meredith Grey, the star of the show. It's undeniable that she is still figuring her life out after the untimely death of her husband Derek *cries*. But we are all rooting for her, waiting to see what life throws at her next. While she can be annoying, and make some decisions that we all know won't end up well, we love her, because she is Meredith Grey.

5. You're Waiting To See If Anyone Comes Back

Sadly, the probability of the deceased characters coming back is slim to none. As much as I want Derek and George to come back, I think their time has passed. But there are several characters that left the show without a glimpse of the future. Burke left for awhile, and then returned for an episode or two, but he's only Burke. Other characters that I loved like Christina and Izzy could still return someday, and hopefully they do! I still hold out hope, like i'm sure a lot of us do, that Yang will return one day to be Meredith's person again.

Greys Anatomy is a popular show, and for good reason. The tragedy and drama keep us holding on to hope from season to season. Shonda sure does know how to write a compelling show that we are all addicted to! I'm sure, even though I swear I won't watch another episode, I will be watching this show until the very last season.