5 Reasons Why I Love Pandas, And So Should You

A step towards raising panda awareness and adoration.
4157

Most people who know me have come to understand and accept that I have a deep love and adoration for the beautiful black and white mammal known as a panda. Panda's are my favorite animal, and I actually would go so far as to call them my spirit-animal. The following is a list of some of the many reasons I adore pandas, and some reasons I believe you should love them as well.

1. They are the least racist animal you will ever meet.

I'm sure plenty of you have heard this before, and it is kind of a common joke, but to me it just makes sense. Pandas are black, white and Asian. This may sound kind of odd, but I feel like I relate to pandas in this sense because in the majority of my cross-culture classes in college, I related to the African and Asian mindsets more than Western, but I'm a Caucasian American. So in a way, I am also black, white and Asian. It's silly, I know, but well-worth the laugh.

2. They are adorable. (I mean, have you seen them?)

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll just let the pictures do the talking on this point.

I mean look at these adorable little balls of fur!!! They're such cute little fur babies!!!!

3. They have the coolest life ever.

These guys literally eat, sleep and play. They are so chill and lazy that they very seldom procreate. They are going extinct because they are lazy. Now, I know this isn't the real reason that they are on the endangered species list, but it really is quite funny. If there was any animal I could choose to be, it would be a panda. They eat bamboo so they don't even have to hunt, they are one of the most gentle creatures and they are just plain old adorable!

4. They are endangered.

According to WWF Global, as of 2014, only 1,864 wild pandas were counted. Feel free to visit wwf.panda.org to find out more about giant pandas and what conservationists are doing to revive the species. Thanks to the efforts of conservationists, the number of pandas is slowly increasing, but there is still much more work to be done to keep this cute and cuddly species going.

5. They are probably the most adorable things you have ever seen.

I know I've mentioned this one already, but it's well-worth repeating. And to prove this last point, I'll leave you with some adorable panda pictures and videos to enjoy. If you don't leave this article without some kind of love for these adorable black and white fur balls, then you just aren't human. Embrace the panda-monium and become a panda-lover today!

You can search all over the internet and find hundreds of pictures and videos of the adorable fluffiness that is panda. But for now...

And Love Pandas!