5 Reasons Why FaceBook Regains Popularity After High School

Social media presence is consistent amongst the whirlwind of life changes.

4
thenextweb.com

Arguably, the biggest social media fad all throughout middle school was to be lucky enough for your parents to allow you to have a Facebook account. It served as every teen’s outlet for awkward selfies, posting statuses and writing on friends’ walls for just about any occasion. But slowly, throughout high school, Facebook usage began to fade as more prevalent forms of social media (like Twitter, Instagram, etc.) began to take over. But it seems that as soon as high school ends, Facebook makes a comeback as one of the more dominant forms of social media in this age group.

1. You keep in touch with your high school friends.

Most of your friends from high school don’t live in the same school district or even same city anymore. They’re more than likely attending college or have a job miles away from the city that was once a collective ‘home’.

2. New friendships are established.

Starting a new life after high school means that wherever you go, you probably have met a few new people. And, instinctively, we want to know more about these people, so we take to finding them on social media.

3. You want to post about what is going on in your new chapter of life.

What better way to show your friends your new adventures than posting an album of photos?

4. Colleges revolve around Facebook usage.

For just about any college activity you involve yourself in, a Facebook group message or page can be found for it. Seems like they have realized that it is, for the most part, easy to get in contact with people on social media.

5. You want to stay informed.

We are naturally curious about what is going on in other people’s lives. Since we don’t see or talk to most people we are friends with on Facebook on a daily basis, it becomes an outlet for information about what they are doing with their lives.