5 Reasons to Celebrate the Fourth of July

For the red, white, and blue

287

America, land of the free and home of the brave. We all should feel blessed to live in a country as beautiful as ours. From the mountains to the deserts, you can see just about any type of landscape in our country, but that is only one of the things that makes it beautiful. It’s the freedom we have, the opportunities that people living elsewhere don’t have, and American traditions. Some of these traditions include baseball games, football games, barbecue, crappy reality TV, and more. The list is nearly endless.

Even though to other countries some of the things we do might not make sense to them, it makes sense to us, and that is what matters. We are proud of who we are, and proud of where we are from. Every year we celebrate the Fourth of July, our nation's birthday. On this day in 1776 we signed the Declaration of Independence and gained our freedom from Great Britain, and since that day we have basically been on top of the world. Fourth of July, also known as Independence Day, is celebrated across the country. Here are ten reasons why you should be celebrating. too.

1. America.

Yes, America is a reason. Why not dress up in red, white, and blue and celebrate the greatest country on Earth? We deserve to celebrate our freedom and the beautiful country we have today. We’re a melting pot and people come from all over to live the American dream and, to me, that means something. We are proud of our nation, and proud of everything our troops do to protect it.

2. Spending time with family and friends.

This holiday calls for a gathering of your family and friends whether it be going to a grill out or barbecue, or going to a block party to watch fireworks. It is a time to bring people together to hang out, laugh, eat, and drink. It’s another excuse to have a party, and who doesn’t like parties?

3. Picnics and barbecues.

Nothing is better than food, and I think almost everyone would agree with that. People gather around grills outside and make feasts for this beautiful holiday. I mean, who doesn’t love the opportunity to pig out and eat endless burgers, hot dogs, barbecue, and more of America’s favorites. It’s a day where you can eat all you want and not feel guilty because it’s a holiday, kind of like how we do on Christmas or Thanksgiving.

4. Fireworks.

Even though I am considered an adult, I still love getting to watch fireworks every year and play with sparklers. Fireworks are colorful explosives that are shot into the sky at night, and can make just about any shape or color. The Fourth of July is one of the only days of the year they are shot off, and it’s not an everyday thing. I love being able to sit down and watch them with my friends. Fireworks are cool no matter what age you are.

5. Booze.

The Fourth of July is a prime day to celebrate with alcohol and I can’t name a single person I know who celebrates without it. Well, I know some, but most would rather celebrate with an American beer, such as Budweiser or a Coors Light. Svedka Vodka even makes giant bottle that is red, white, and blue with stripes and stars like the American flag. Playing flip cup, beer pong, or boom is always a blast ,and is even better when wearing the America theme. Also red, white, and blue Jello shots and mixed drinks are a whole lot of fun.