5 Quotes That Inspire Me

5 Quotes That Inspire Me The Most

Everyone needs a little bit of inspiration sometimes.

133
https://unsplash.com/photos/vg8UF3dx4pw
Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

Sometimes when we're down or when the winter blues finally hit us, there are some pensive and inspirational quotes that can uplift your thoughts and perhaps let you become more optimistic and thoughtful.

1. “He experienced the singular pleasure of watching people he loved fall in love with other people he loved.” 

This is from the book A Little Life, by Hanya Yanagihara, and even though it does not specifically summarize the plot, it is one of the happier moments that make me grateful for the people that are in my life. Even though I feel like a third person in everyone's plot, it makes me realize that I will always feel happy for the people that I truly love, as if it were my own experience.

2. “Let it hurt. Let it bleed. Let it heal. And let it go.”

This is by the author Nikita Gill. To be honest, I don't know the specific source of this quote, but this is one that I think helped me get through these past few months. (For me the winter blues started in fall) And this quote is kind of like my mantra when dealing with extreme emotions. You have to feel them to their fullest extent and you should try to understand them. Like you, they want to be understood.

3. "UNO. El numero de personas necesaria para cambiar el mundo."

Translation: "ONE. The number of people needed to change the world." Changing the world is a big concept, but sometimes starting to change your world could be a small start. ONE thought and ONE action can help you feel better and later you can share whatever you have and what you believe in. And maybe the world can be changed little by little.

4. “...where she loved she loved passionately, and with no small degree of jealousy.” 

Passion = intensity =! clinginess. I believe this is one of the biggest misconceptions when the best people, with the best intentions, end up being the ones that are misunderstood and told off because of their good intentions. This quote inspires me because it makes me realize that it's okay to feel all the things I do.

5. "Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine."

This quote is from The Imitation Game and in that context, making the world's first super computer is what they're talking about, but to scale it down a little bit, the things you can't imagine or can't even think about doing in the first place may be the things you just need to become a better person or help you to get off your feet and continue with ambition and optimism.