5 Hilarious Netflix Specials To Binge If You Need A Laugh In 2020

Netflix specials are single-handedly keeping my spirits high.

2349

I cannot tell you the number of times that I have re-watched these comedy specials over the course of the last seven months.

What I can tell you is how absolutely great these comedians are. They bring me joy when I am sad, bored, or wanting to tune into something while I work on school or my virtual job.

All of these comedians are both relatable and keep a smile on my face as I sit through their stories.

My article presents five comedians: Gabriel Iglesias, Sam Jay, Taylor Tomlinson, John Mulaney, and Iliza Schlesinger.

There are two words that I have for these specials: Must. Watch.

​​​1.​​ Gabriel Iglesias / Fluffy is incredible.

You Got It Yes GIF by NETFLIXGiphy

Fluffy is one of the best comedians in my list. He is my go-to whenever I am feeling sad, bored, or just someone that I can watch again and again to my heart's content!

My favorite comedy special of his is definitely "I'm Sorry For What I Said When I Was Hungry."

He also has a show called "Mr. Iglesias" that has two seasons. It is one of the best binge-worthy shows I have on my list.

2. Sam Jay is spirited.

Sam Jay is a very spirited comedian. She's written for shows like "Saturday Night Live" and finally got her own Netflix show called "3 In The Morning." Topics she covers throughout the special include traveling with her girlfriend, her fear of planes, and her take on relationships! It just came out on August 4, 2020, and I adore it.

3. Taylor Tomlinson is relatable.

Now, if I were to relate the most to anyone when it comes to attitudes, it would definitely be Taylor Tomlinson. In her comedy special, Taylor discusses dating, terrible sleeping habits, adulthood, and her take on our parents. Her special is called "Quarter-Life Crisis" and came out March 3, 2020.

4. John Mulaney is hilarious.

While Mulaney currently has four comedy specials on Netflix, my absolute favorite of the four has to be "Kid Gorgeous at Radio City." In this special, Mulaney discusses his childhood stories, graduating college, what it has been like getting older, and stories about his wife. This special was released back in 2018. My absolute favorite story is the "BECAUSE I WAS OVER ON THE BENCH!" discussion he had with his father as a kid.

5. Iliza Schlesinger is stylish (and funny).

Iliza has a total of 4 Netflix specials and a new show that just came out in 2020! The special I have watched the most is "Confirmed Kills." Iliza talks about special party goblins that live in us, her party years, dating, and how tired she is of grown women screeching. Also her outfit in "Confirmed Kills" is impeccable.