5 Mug Cake Recipes You Absolutely Have To Try

When you want a quick dessert, mug cakes are the answer!

26
Two cupcakes with a coffee mug, plates, and glasses in the background.

I am very much a dessert person (a name that Claire Saffitz likes to call herself - and her cookbook too). But often, I don't have the time to create entire cakes, cookies, or crumbles, and especially not during a semester. So when there's times I really feel like baking something (and eating something delicious), I'll whip up some mini cakes and cookies - in microwaved form of course. Don't get me wrong, these are no replacements for the oven-baked versions. But they are great for a dessert that comes together in a quick pinch.

Classic Chocolate Mug Cake

Unsplash

Try this chocolate mug cake recipe from Table for Two! It's full of chocolate chips and/or hazelnut spread and is a delightfully chocolatey treat.

Apple Pie Mug Cake

Unsplash

This apple spice mug cake (also from Table for Two) sounds absolutely delicious! You could even top it with a little mix of chopped apples coated in cinnamon and sugar for an even more comforting dessert.

Funfetti Mug Cake

Unsplash

What is more festive than this funfetti version of a mug cake from Mel's Kitchen Cafe!? Classic vanilla paired with brightly colored sprinkles is a dessert that can bring a smile to anyone's face.

Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie

Unsplash

You might be surprised that a chocolate chip mug cookie works, but it really does! Try out this recipe from Mel's Kitchen for a beautifully soft, gooey, and chocolatey cookie.

Peanut Butter Mug Cake

Unsplash

This mug cake is for people who love peanut butter and chocolate together. Oh, Sweet Basil's recipe is a great one to try if you fall into this category!