5 Mouth-Watering Recipes You Won't Even Know are Vegan

A few vegan recipes that are so delicious, you won't even miss the animal products.

28
She Knows Blog

The term vegan is becoming more well-known, but there are still a lot of people who are not familiar with it. If you aren't one of them, in a nutshell, vegan means you don't eat anything that comes from an animal including; meat, dairy, and eggs. That's it.

But it is popular opinion that vegans eat nothing but leaves and carrot sticks for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am here to tell you one word my friends, one word and one word only....SIKE. Not the case.

I have been vegan for almost six years and would not have survived if I did not get to eat varied foods, scrumdidlyumptious meals and decadent desserts. I have also cooked many meals for my carnivorous family which they have loved. So if you are tempted to go vegan, you should try, because it's not as scary as it sounds. But if you just want to try something different, and healthier, these delicious, easy recipes are the perfect thing for you!

Shepherds Pie

This dish brings me back to my middle school days, when our Irish cafeteria lady would prepare this special dish for us at lunch time to absolute per-fec-tion. The only thing is that this traditional Irish dish often contains is dairy products, a lot of fat, and meat. Here, however, is a much healthier vegan option.

Fettuccine Alfredo

If you think the word "creamy" has left your food vocabulary just because you don't have dairy, then I have good news. This vegan fettuccine alfredo recipe has the same creamy-ness you crave, without any dairy whatsoever.

Black Bean Burgers

This recipe is my personal favorite because you can squirt some spicy sriracha on the top of your burger and be in paradise. To be extra healthy you can substitute the white burger bun for something whole grain.

Vegan Enchiladas

I have a huge weak spot for Mexican food, or anything spicy, and this recipe is absolutely delicious! It's perfect comfort food!

"Nice Cream" Ice Cream

I could not live without chocolate, but even more so, I could even not function without ice cream. Here is a "nicer" and healthier alternative to dairy to cool down and finish off your delicious vegan meal.

There are so many vegan recipes to choose from, and they are all delicious, so give it a shot and try some of these! You will not be disappointed.