5 Things I've Learned Over My First College Winter Break

Not what I was expecting.

21
al

With it being my first year in college, that also means this was also the year of many firsts in my college timeline. Recently we have started our winter break and there are several things I that have realized about winter break that you will or probably have noticed about it yourself.

1. You are so ready to leave before it starts

When fall break is about to begin it is the very end of the semester, you just finished all your exams. You are a literal zombie when it comes around time to leave, and you are SO HAPPY TO GO HOME

2. You love being home….for about a week

I, myself, and basically all of my friends can testify that they love being home so much, but once you're back for a little over a week old habits start to come back and now you're ready to sell your soul to the devil to go back to campus

3. THIS BREAK IS TOO DAMN LONG

A week has blown by, and everything was all fine and all cool. Yet, now you've been home long enough for your family to irritate you, complain about your very existence, and have you drive people around everywhere. You slowly come to the realization to the fact that you have ¾ more weeks left of this torture and want to throw yourself out of a window...repeatedly.

4. Shocking (yet common) friendship realizations.

While you are away from all of your college friends you start to realize that you are a lot closer with your friends from school compared to your high school friends somehow. You miss them more than you realized you would and that adds on to the pain of still being stuck here for 3 more weeks.

5. You leave with the determination to do well enough in school to never have to live with your parents ever again.

Yet after all the stress, fun, and relaxation of being on break, you realize how awful it would be living with your parents when you have your own lifestyle that might be very different from theirs, and would rather die than go back to live with them. Lighting a fire under your ass to make you want to work harder and harder and harder to ensure your have a successful future.