5 Inspiring Disney Quotes That Will Bring Your True Capabilities To Light

Dream big. Work hard. Succeed. Repeat.

68

It is no question that Disney characters will forever hold a special place in the hearts of millennials. The Seven Dwarves taught us to whistle while we work, Mulan taught us to believe in ourselves, and Rafiki taught us that change is good. Our childhood revolved around Disney, and we have latched onto those magical experiences and life lessons learned ever since we first popped in that VHS into our old boxy TV.

Although we may not be watching reruns of Cinderella or The Lion King anymore, the lessons conveyed still have a huge impact on us as college students, especially during finals week. When school may be getting you down, remember these five lessons from some of your favorite Disney characters who want you to understand you are strong, capable, and have the ability to excel.

1. “Nothing’s impossible.” — Alice in Wonderland

Take it from the wise words of the doorknob from Alice in Wonderland. It always seems like you’re doing fine throughout the semester and then BAM! Finals are approaching, and do you actually know anything? There are effective ways to study even if you only have a couple more weeks. Figure out what works for you and roll with it. If you bust your butt studying, I promise it will pay off.

2. “You think you could be happy here?” “Can anybody be happy if they aren’t free?” — Beauty and the Beast (2017)

During dead week, you can probably find me tucked away in WALC, Hicks, or HSSE studying nonstop for my various exams. It will be a long two weeks of studying and taking final exams, but I’m staying motivated by the fact that summer vacation is right around the corner.

3. “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.” –Cinderella

You. Can. Do it. The moment you give up is when you stop making progress, and Cinderella knows that too. Dead week (a.k.a. the week before finals week) and finals week are very stressful, and you may need to take some mental breaks. Keep on pushing, though, because every minute and every page you study will be worth it.

4. “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.” – Mulan

When every single person is now studying all day every day, it’s easy to look around and start comparing myself to others. It’s frustrating when you think that you are doing so poorly and other people must be doing better than you. Just remember that you are your own person. The grade you are studying for is your own. All the effort that you decide to put in is yours. This part of the school year is very hard, but you will be a better person for all the hard work you put in. Life ain’t easy my friend, so there’s no time like the present to build, grow, or fine tune your work ethic.

5. “Everybody’s got problems. The world is full of problems.” – Sword in the Stone

Amen, am I right? As an addition to my previous point, every single person on campus with you has problems and things bothering them at the moment. Nobody’s life story is the same. Education is one thing that you can count on to benefit you in the long run. It is definitely hard to do, but think of studying as a blessing or opportunity, because not everyone is able to stay up until the wee hours of the morning studying for a class that is a small piece into earning your diploma. So send that “fml” snap with the “stu-dying” Bitmoji and get back to work, girlfriend!

College is hard, but you are in it for a reason. Focus on that reason and don't let anything get in your way. You are capable and you have all the power to succeed. Channel your inner Disney motivation and kick butt during finals week!