5 Finals Week Reminders

5 Finals Week Reminders

Feel like you're drowning as you study for finals and have no idea where to start? Still trying to get all of your assignments done and you're not even sure when you'll be able to start studying? Just found out you have two exams in 24 hours?

20
5 Finals Week Reminders
Photo by Dan Dimmock on Unsplash

Can you relate? If so, this article is for you.

1. Study PRODUCTIVELY with a plan.

It can be so easy to be "studying" for hours on end and look down only to realize you haven't actually accomplished anything. Take the time to plan out your studying so that you are studying productively. What works really well for me is planning out chunks of time in my day that I'll spend on a certain subject, and when that time is up, moving on to the next item to tackle.

2. Take care of yourself.

Go for a walk. Get a workout in. Studying every second of the day isn't going to get you any further than studying and taking time for yourself when you need to. And most importantly, remember to breathe!

3. Never sacrifice sleep.

Even though it's definitely not good for your health, you may be able to pull an all-nighter at the library and take an exam the next day. Sleep is the most important for me during exam season and I think a lot of other people would say the same. Whether you have exams back to back or a paper you just can't seem to finish, avoid sacrificing sleep as much as possible. Getting at least 6 hours of sleep every night will help you study more productively and process the information you need to remember for your exams.

4. Your grades do not define you.

Your grades do not define you. Your GPA does not define you. These numbers will never be able to speak for the endless hours of hard work you put in every semester. They will never be able to tell the story of balancing school on top of a part time job, extra curriculars, and taking care of your health. Your grades will never be able to fully show all the effort you put into even your hardest classes and they most certainly do not define you as a person. Remember this going into exams and find comfort in knowing you are putting your best foot forward and that's all that matters.

5. Know what works for you.

Everyone study's differently and has different study strategies that work best for them. Find what works for you and a routine you can stick to. Re-reading your notes over and over again isn't going to get you very far if you don't actually understand the material enough to talk about it, so make sure you're studying productively and not just re-reading and highlighting as exam prep.

As we enter into finals week, remember that there is so much more to life than these exams and your grades in college do not define you as a person. Stay calm, take care of yourself, and put your best foot forward. You got this!