5 Fall Clothing Trends You Don't Want To Miss

Because who doesn't want to be trendy?

121
Unsplash

Everyone wants to be in style this fall. We all want to know the trends and be on the “in.” So, here are five up and coming fashion trends this fall and where you can find them at an affordable price:

1. Denim on denim

Denim is one of the best clothing fabrics. You can pretty much do anything with it and wear anything with it. Denim vests, jackets, jeans, shorts, skirts, tops... the list can go on forever. Although denim is not always the most comfortable, it is definitely one of the most trendy and adaptable fabrics. You can make it casual, or even dress it up a little, and you can definitely layer it. Don’t be afraid to wear denim with denim!

I know we all think of Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake circa the 2001 Music awards, however, this trend is most definitely coming back. Don't be afraid to rock your denim jeans and denim jacket together! With a cute t-shirt or light sweater underneath the jacket and a cute pair of boots, your denim on denim outfit will have everyone wanting to rock denim on denim too.

Where to shop:

For bottoms: Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, Paige, Flying Monkey, Lord Taylor, Mixology

For jackets: Unemployed Denim, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, Free people, Mixology

For tops: Lord and Taylor, Forever 21

2. Maroon

Maroon is an extremely popular color this fall, and it has been seen on almost every item. It is honestly a perfect color for fall. It is not too dark that it’s completely black, but it is still a little dark with a nice shade of red. Not to mention it matches extremely well with many other colors.

Whether it’s a maroon sweater, a pair of shoes, pants or dress, it is the perfect color for any clothing item. Try matching it with tan, grey, black, white or green.

Where to shop:

You can find Maroon clothing items at a reasonable price pretty much anywhere! Try Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, H&M, Express or American Eagle.

3. Velvet

A trend you may have thought was no longer in but definitely still is. Velvet is a fabric that has been seen literally everywhere and on everything this fall, including sneakers. In almost every color and on all different items, velvet can be worn with anything.

Plus, you can even rock two trends at once wearing maroon velvet! Velvet is the perfect way to change up your style a little adding some texture to your outfit and changing it from your basic clothing.

Sometimes it can be hard and intimidating to drastically change your outfits from your basic leggings and sweater look. However, velvet is the perfect way to spice it up just a little but still feel like you’re wearing “you.”

Where to shop:

Again, velvet can be found pretty much at any store. But, if you’re looking to find it on a different type of item, try these velvet and maroon sneakers from Puma.

4. Fur jackets

A vintage look that should have never fallen out of style is fur jackets. The perfect way to keep warm while staying in style this fall and even winter. If you’re wearing a cute outfit but you’re cold and want to add a little edge to your outfit, throw on a fur jacket and this will totally make the look. Or, you can even wear a jacket and add a fur hood or collar on it. Don’t be afraid to add a little fur to your outfit because it will totally add a little something to it this fall.

Where to shop:

ASOS, Forever 21, Express, Urban Outfitters, Revolve, Charlotte Russe, H&M

5. Vintage sunglasses

A trend that has been seen everywhere, whether its when you’re walking to class, going to work, or even tailgating, vintage sunglasses have been worn everywhere. In addition, there are a ton of different styles to wear and in all different colors. Throw on a pair of vintage sunglasses and it can completely change your outfit adding a little something extra to it.

Where to shop:

Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, Amazon