5 Essentials for Your College Dorm Room

5 Essentials for Your College Dorm Room

Trust me. I'm an upperclassman.

67
5 Essentials for Your College Dorm Room

Calling all freshman! It's time for you to move into your first (and most likely last) college dorm room! A dorm room is an experience you'll never forget, whether it's from how annoying your roommate turned out to be, to how you became best friends with the girl next door. By now, you've probably obsessively looked at Pinterest over one hundred times to find ideas to make your dorm cute and comfortable, but just in case you missed something during your *research (*stalking upperclassmen's Instagrams to get ideas), I'm here to tell you about five things that every girl needs in their dorm room.

1. Stringed Lights

Typically, dorm rooms have fluorescent lighting, making the room feel less like a home and more like a jail cell. Adding a strand of lights to your room with not only help make the room feel comfy, but you is a cute accessory for the room as well.

2. Portable Fan

Sometimes you get #blessed with a room that has a thermostat, but usually that's not the case. Dorms can sometimes get to that uncomfortable warm stage, and you may not be able to do anything about it. If you're on the fence about getting a fan for the room, do it.

3. Rug

Typically, dorm flooring isn't the cutest. If it's carpet, the color may make the room look kind of plain. If it's tile, once again, the room won't feel like home. A rug can really pull the room together, and I consider it an essential accessory

4. Mini Fridge and Microwave

This is just kind of a given. You'll want to be able to store any food or drinks and be able to pop some popcorn in the convenience of your room rather than the community fridge and microwave located who knows where in your dorm.

5. Snacks

This is the most important thing to have in your college dorm room. Trust me when I say that you'll be so thankful for that box of Cheez-Its or jar of almonds when it's two in the morning and you're studying for a bio test. Just remember to keep your late night cravings on the healthier side. Sure, it's OK to splurge and eat a sleeve of Oreos, but the Freshman Fifteen is real and will sneak up on you if you're not careful.

Good luck, freshmen! Get ready for one of the coolest, weirdest, and most fun years of your life.