5 Christmas Songs To Listen To This Holiday Season

It is December everybody. Time to listen to Christmas music.

20

The holidays are a time of coming together and celebrating with the people you love. A major part of this upcoming holiday in particular is music. Here are 5 Christmas songs to listen to in the coming weeks.

All I Want for Christmas Is You

Mariah Carey's classic hit was released back in 1994 and is still climbing the charts. The festive song can make anybody sing along regardless if they can hit the high notes.

Silent Night

This class was made back in 1818 by Franz Xaver Gruber but has been covered many times. Perhaps most popular is Bing Crosby's version released in 1935.

O Holy Night

This song has been covered and changed many times over the years. Each rendition is unique in their own right but the original is by Placide Cappeau & Adolphe Adam in 1874.

The Twelve Days of Christmas

This song has also been sung countless times but continues to be a great song for the holiday season. Today's version originates from Frederic Austin from 1909.

Deck the Halls

Written by Thomas Oliphant in 1862, this song continues to be a favorite for today's world. The song consists of a hook that repeatedly goes "Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la" throughout the song.

These are only a few of many Christmas songs to listen to. Listen to some of them and have a great holiday if you celebrate it.