5 Book Series To Read On A Rainy Day

5 Book Series To Read On A Rainy Day

Get sucked into a new world of wonder

14
5 Book Series To Read On A Rainy Day
Flickr

I am a very avid reader, and that is one of the main reasons I started writing! I wanted to be able to create my own world for people to read and get sucked into like so many of the books that I have read over my lifetime. I passionately read fantasy/adventure series, So I decided to compile a quick like of must read fantasy books/series you should read ASAP.

1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (alone with Heroes of Olympus) is my all time favorite book series I have ever read in my entire life. I started reading these books in 6th grade and have not put them down since. The series follows Percy Jackson son of Poseidon and his all in all journey to save the world and Olympus over a series of 5 books, and a spin off I will get to in the next series on the list

2. Heroes of Olympus

I honestly love Heroes of Olympus a lot more than I like the Percy Jackson series, mainly because it has much more mature content, and pushed the boundaries about what people say should and shouldn't be in books, such as homosexuality and anxiety. This series also introduces MANY new main characters, and the books are written with three different points of view letting you get into the mind of all of your favorite characters letting you relate to them even more.

3. Red Queen Series

One of the best series I have ever read in my life, these books are so well planned out that there are GIGANTIC plot twist that you would never see coming. Yet, once you think about it, the signs are all there. These books fucked me up in a good way. The series follows Mare Barrow, a peasant teen who lives in a society where people either have red blood or silver blood. If you have silver blood you are basically royalty, have powers, and are considered gods to the reds. The catch is Mare is a red but has the powers of a silver, and once the royal guard discovers that they take her in and force her to pretend to be a silver to prevent their perfect dystopian world from crumbling. Little do they know that Mare is also apart of the "Scarlet Guard" a rebellious group bent on bringing down the reign on the Silvers.

4. Shadow Falls Series

The Shadow Falls series is a very interesting read because the series is about a camp soon to be a school for delinquents who are actually supernatural beings. The catch is the main character Kylie is a supernatural and we do not discover what she is until the third book. While the books don't seem to be very related at all, you will soon discover that everything is connected and it won't all make sense until you finish the last book. Emotional rollercoasters the shadow falls books are.

5. The Kane Chronicles

From the writer who brought you the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series also brought you this phenomenal series about Egyptian mythology that will turn your world upside down. What I also believe to be the only series that I recall having a fully african american "cast" being given the center stage in their own series. The Kane Chronicles follow Carter and Sadie Kane two siblings who discover their father had "killed himself" to become the Egyptian god of the dean, that they're Egyptian magician, and that they have the blood of pharos in their blood which allows them to channel the power of their connected god all in one week. That is just the tip of the iceberg too, they're also on a dangerous mission to stop the apocalypse from happening and having the sun swallowed by a giant evil snake.