5 Benefits Of Taking A Break From Social Media

What the benefits are from putting down the phone.

346
Odyssey

Social media runs the world nowadays, and everything people do is on a phone. Sometimes the best thing to do is take a break. Deleting social media apps, and staying off the phone more is a great mental break! There are some great benefits from taking a break and here are a few of them!

1. Longer phone battery

Staying off the phone more makes your phone battery last a lot longer. So you don't have to charge your phone multiple times during the day. And if you have last minute errands, you don't have to worry about it dying.

2. Spend time doing other things

Taking time away from your phone, you can go and spend time doing other things. Find a new hobby, go to the gym or clean. There are so many things that could be done instead of being on your phone on social media. I have personally gotten a lot of errands done and it has saved me more time to relax and do nothing on some days.

3. More family time

This time away from a screen can leave you with a lot of more free time. You can use this time to spend it with family. Including if you are leaving for school in the fall, or if a sibling is leaving, spend more time with them. Parents would most likely be pretty happy to spend more time with you!

4. Catch up with friends

With this extra time, you can spend more time with friends. Catch up with an old friend or go out and meet new people. This is a great way to spend less time on a phone and looking at a screen and do more things with people. This is better if you know all of your friends are going to different schools or moving. Just a simple text could change everyone's day.

5. Go outdoors

It may be hot out, but going outside more is fun with people. Get some friends and go swimming, or even go hiking and find new places to adventure (while staying on public property). There is so much to do in the summer with water. Hit up the lake, pool or even go to a water park for a day. Not everything will be free, but you can always save up money over time and plan a day.

Staying off social media means you do miss some celebrity gossip and news. But the benefits of staying off for as long as you want can give you a mental break. Personally, I have been off social media for more than a week and will continue to stay off until I want to go back on.

This experiment has opened many doors for me, mentally and actually. I recommend even just starting small if it's staying off your phone for an hour a day. You will realize how much there is to do and see after you put down the phone.