Dear State Governments
Health Wellness

Dear State Governments

Claps...

219
Dear State Governments

In the past couple of days the week of May 13 a certain amount of states have made new abortion laws that pretty much makes it a crime for women to have abortions OR make it a crime for having a miscarriage.

Tell me why we are making it a crime for a women to do the right thing for herself? Or why are we making it a crime for a women to have miscarriage which is not only one of the hardest things a women can go through but they happen all the time.

Here are some statistics on miscarriages:

1. As much as 1 percent of all pregnancies will result in a missed miscarriage.
2. At least 20 percent of pregnancies are likely to result in a miscarriage.
3. The overall risk of miscarriage is 17 to 22 percent.
4. The risk after the gestational sac develops is as much as 12 to 15 percent.
5. The risk of miscarriage is 9.4 percent after a heartbeat is detected at 6 weeks. The percentage drops to 4.2 percent at 7 weeks, 1.5 percent at 8 weeks and 0.5 percent at 9 weeks.
6. The risk of miscarriage increases 12 percent after age 30. It increases to as much as 39 percent after age 35 and doubles after age 40 (about 78 percent).
7. People with partners over 40 years old increases the risk of miscarriage by as much as 60 percent.
8. The risk of marriage increases by as much as 43 percent with partners of age 35. The risk increases to as much as 90 percent with partners at age 50.
9. The risk of miscarriage increases to 88 percent when the father is over 50 years old.
10. The risk of miscarriage doubles for people who need more than 1 year to have a successful conception.

(https://healthresearchfunding.org/missed-miscarria...)

These women in the states that have made these laws are not able to share this wonderful times in their lives in fear that if they sadly have a miscarriage will be charged with murder. They cant take this wonderful time and enjoy it, instead they are walking on egg shells watching there every move (which by the way isn't good for the baby and the stress could lead to a miscarriage, but wait that would be the women's fault because she is so stressed out right?)

Some miscarriages happen due to where the egg attaches in the uterus. Sometimes the egg attaches within the Fallopian tube (ectopic pregnancy) all which lead to a miscarriage (and most women don't even know they are pregnant until they go to the ER with pain). So your telling me we are going to charge these women who 1. have no control over where they egg attaches and 2. majority of the time don't even know they are pregnant until minutes before they are rushed to surgery?

Abortions are also just as normal. Some have to have them due to medical reasoning's. Some get them because they don't feel that they are ready for a child due to whatever they are going thought in life. For those people who will argue "they didn't use protection and now she is being irreparable" let me say this: condoms they can break, Plan B doesn't always work especially the longer you wait to take it, if a girl forgets to take the pill (life happens and yes it does happen), if they guy says he is "using a condom" but really isn't, even if you used protection there is still a slight chance of getting pregnant, and rape is also something that happens to girls who do get pregnant from this terrible crime. Also for the people who say "well if you aren't ready for kids than don't have sex" let me say this: once you reach a certain time in a relationship sexual things happen, don't tell me that you never reciprocated on those feelings when you were young.

Stop. Trying. To. Control. Women's. Rights. When. You. Aren't. One. Because if you aren't one you will never understand.

We all know that if some law was to pass about controlling a mans life in anyway they would flip out. But when the roles are revised its OK. Explain to me how it is OK?

Girls and women continue the fight. Be heard. Do what you have to do to tell them what they are trying to do is wrong.

If we fight this now we can stop it before it continues to spread to other states.