42 Thoughts College Students Have Before Finals

Let the craziness begin!

8

Any college student can tell you that April is the single worst time of the year. To the rest of the world, the phrase “April showers bring May flowers” says it all. It’s a time before the warmth of summer hits, and the time of irritating spring allergies. To those who haven’t yet experienced the college life, it is just a simply strange time of the year. But, to college students, it is a living nightmare. College students dread tearing the March page off of their calendars because they know that when April hits, finals are on their way. For college students, April is a time of procrastinating assignments, running aimlessly around campus trying to finish assignments, and figuring out financial aid for the next semester, all before finals in the first week of May. College students often have similar thoughts that float around their brains during this time of the year. Some thoughts are depressing and make you want to hide in your dorm with the lights off while others are just downright comical. Here are 42 of the most common things that you might hear from a college student around finals time.

1. I don’t want to adult anymore.

2. If you need me, I’ll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

3. Shoot, I forgot to eat!

4. Eat ALL the things!

5. I’m about to rip my hair out!

6. *explosion of profanities*

7. I don’t want to get out of bed.

8. I really should go to the library…

9. But I won’t.

10. Why are there no study rooms available?!

11. I need Starbucks!

12. Can I get a triple shot of espresso?

13. I’M DONE!!!

14. I’m about to drop out!

15. I think I’d have better luck as a stripper.

16. Maybe I should just join the circus.

17. I hate my life.

18. Do these professors not realize that we have other classes?

19. I think I’m going to die.

20. I’m starting to question my major.

21. Why did I ever double major?

22. I miss my social life.

23. Stress is temporary. GPA is forever.

24. Can they both be temporary?

25. I need to get my GPA up.

26. What is the lowest grade I can get and still pass?

27. I miss my dog.

28. I miss my cat.

29. I can’t wait to go home.

30. Can the final be a project?

31. Why are all assignments due at the same time?

32. Why do I get so distracted when I’m studying?

33. I’m going to fail.

34. If I pass, I’ll be shocked.

35. I hope no one realizes that I’ve worn the same outfit several days in a row.

36. Do I have time to shower?

37. Why do we have classes the week before finals when we could be studying?

38. Why can’t I sleep?

39. This bench looks really comfy right now.

40. Why did I choose to go to the college?

41. How did I ever get accepted?

42. I can’t wait to graduate!

To all of the college students who are entering the Procrastination Station to get on the crazy train to finals, I wish you good luck, and I hope you all have a relaxing summer vacation!