4 Ways To Look Boujee While You're Balling On A Budget

Not all of us can afford a luxury lifestyle, but that doesn't mean you can't look like you're living one!

4867
Unsplash

I believe I speak for most of us when I say that material items have no true significance in the long run. Think about it: when we pass on, all of our "things" will just exist without us. There is no point in spending copious amounts of money to look a certain way, yet we do. Why do we do this, you ask? It makes us feel good; we feel better about ourselves and the world we live in when we can better fit the image we want to portray.

I don't know about you, but I know I love looking a little boujee sometimes. (Shout out to Migos for giving me that 'Bad and Boujee' attitude). The good news is, you don't have to empty your wallet to do so. Here are 4 tips to look boujee on a budget.

1. Make everything sparkle.

Nothing says boujee like blinding every single person within a 5-mile radius of you. Whether it be glitter, sequins or something metallic/holographic, that shine will keep you looking like the bada** we all know you are. There is just something about resembling a walking Kay jeweler that makes you feel like you’re nothing less than the bomb.com.

2. Discount stores are your new BFFs.

What does Marshall’s, Ross, Plato’s Closet and TJ Maxx all have in common? Besides being the greatest places to shop, they have ridiculous deals on brand name clothing, shoes and other essentials needed to be the most boujee human around. Why pay $400 for a brand new Michael Kors purse when you could pay $80 for the same exact one at one of these locations. Truthfully, there isn’t anything more boujee than going on a shopping spree and still having money in your bank account afterwards.

3. Remember: there is always a dupe.

One thing I have learned over the years is that sometimes even paying the cheapest price for that high-end product is still way too far over my budget. Luckily, do I have a solution for you. There are tons upon tons of off-brand clothes, shoes and makeup that look nearly identical to the original items and sometimes even wear better, too! Investigate before you make a hefty purchase, you might be surprised to find that you like a drug store product significantly more than the $40 one the sales employee at Sephora forced into your hands at the counter.

4. Walk with confidence.

The most important tip I can give you for looking boujee on a budget is to walk with confidence. It doesn't matter what you're wearing or what you can afford honestly, it is all about attitude. Believe in yourself and what you seek to accomplish in the world and I can assure you that you will have no issue capturing the "bad and boujee" look that is perfect for you.