4 Types of People You See Around the LSU Lakes

While walking the lakes, you're in for a treat every time because you never know who or what shenanigans you'll see.

2

The LSU Lakes are one of the most scenic and enjoyable locations on LSU's property. They sit near the edge of campus and form over a 4-mile route around them. As you could imagine, people of all ages use this as a free workout or a time to casually exercise with some friends. 

Either way, you're in for a treat every time because you never know who or what shenanigans you'll see.

1. The triathlete who makes you feel worthless.

While you're huffing and puffing after a measly half-mile, you'll pass a buff 7-foot tall dude who is definitely on his 8th mile and not stopping any time soon. You try not to make eye contact, but damn, his physique is just so intriguing. Plus, he's way too in the zone to notice the struggling sorority girl limping her way around the lake for the second time this month.

2. The power-walking grandmas with their mp3 players.

Even the older women you see tend to make you feel even worse than the athletes because of their "go-getter" attitude even at their old age. You hope that you're as active as they are but sadly realize you probably won't. 

3. Sorority girls traveling in packs.

Since sorority girls can't go anywhere by themselves, seeing groups of them almost getting hit by cars is almost an inevitable sight. Many parts of the route consists of being on a narrow sidewalk and these girls don't know how to walk in a straight line. Also, stay tuned for several snap chats. 

(Side note: Never walk the lakes alone, especially at night!)

4. Cute families flaunting their happiness. 

This one is the worst because as your life is in shambles and 8 hours of homework awaits you, this family seems to mock you with their togetherness. At least you don't have a baby waiting at home for you... but a decent, good-looking guy would be nice.

If you're trying to distract your mind from the immense pain that is happening inside you, be on the lookout for these characters and maybe you'll feel a little bit better. Or not.