4 TV Shows That Need a Reboot

4 TV Shows That Need a Reboot

Because there is no such thing as too many seasons...

45
4 TV Shows That Need a Reboot

It seems that every single year, we see another prominent TV show announce its final season or episode, much to the dismay of its viewers. Every year it gets harder to bid farewell to the show, the set, and the characters who we have grown so close to. Sometimes, if we are lucky, we might get a reboot of one of our old favorites, such as "Gilmore Girls" and now "Will and Grace." In honor of the reboots that we have seen recently, I’m pitching some ideas for reboots that I would like to see in the near future.

Gossip Girl

Without a doubt, "Gossip Girl" was one of the most iconic shows of our time. Serena, Blair, Chuck, Dan, Nate, and yes, even Jenny, were all of the characters who kept us watching, laughing, and crying through 6 seasons. Although we saw the characters grow, scheme, and party from high school to college, I can’t help but to feel like there was still so much story to tell after the last episode aired. So please, The CW, please hear me out. I need more Chuck and Blair. I need more Serena and Dan. Hell, I’ll even take Jenny if that's what it takes to get my fix for "Gossip Girl".

Sex and the City

Yes, I know, "The Carrie Diaries". It was good, don’t get me wrong, but you know what it wasn’t? It wasn’t quite "Sex and the City". I want Carrie, the real Carrie, as in Sarah Jessica Parker, as in the QUEEN. So c’mon, another movie? Another episode? Some kind of reunion? Please, I’m begging. If you need some ideas as far as the story line goes, shoot me an email, I’d gladly help. 6 seasons and 2 movies simply was not enough for me, and the same goes for the thousands of "Sex and the City" fans as well.

The Office

Last week, our very own Steve Carell trolled us on Twitter when he tweeted some “breaking news” that "The Office" was making a return to NBC… but what he really meant was "Will and Grace". Ha,ha, very funny Michael, or should I say Steve? Fans everywhere were so excited, and then disappointed, to find out that the only place to get our "The Office" fix is still Netflix, and the same old episodes that we’ve all watched dozens of times. So, Steve, NBC, whoever, give us the reboot we want and deserve. First you took Michael away from us, then you took "The Office" altogether. I’m heartbroken, you're heartbroken, we all are heartbroken. Anytime would be a great time to see even just one more episode of "The Office".

The Newsroom

I actually could not think of a better time for "The Newsroom" to air once again. "The Newsroom" is a HBO show that ran for merely 3 seasons, but has a lasting impact as it chronicled the events that occur when important news breaks. The show gave us an inside look at news that wasn't necessarily old, either, keeping the show timely and prominent for viewers. I would love just to see Will McAvoy(Jeff Daniels) announce the 2016 election results just like the shows actual episode about the 2012 election. I couldn't think of a better time than now, a time full of fake and biased news, to have a TV show about the reality of credible news.