4 Things I Want My Mom To Know

4 Things I Want My Mom To Know

Thank you for everything you do for me.

54
4 Things I Want My Mom To Know
Laura Lundberg

1. I’m Sorry.

For all the times I have snapped at you, rolled my eyes at you, given you attitude, and not listened to you: I’m sorry. Being away from you makes me realize all the things I took for granted when I saw you every day. It makes me want to go back to those moments in time to ask myself if getting upset at you over little things is worth it in the grand scheme of things. In all those moments I was being a brat towards you, I could’ve been spending time with you and appreciating everything you do for me. I’m sorry for the moments I wish I could take back to make you feel more appreciated and loved.

2. Thank You.

Thank you for everything you do for our family and me. Thank you for all the little things you do that can sometimes go unappreciated such as cooking meals, doing laundry, cleaning the house, driving me places and paying for things. Thank you for being the person I can always count on and the person who has never stopped believing in me. Thank you for being the woman I look up to and strive to be like every day. I can only hope to be half the mom and woman you are. Thank you for teaching me lessons every day that I will carry in my heart the rest of my life. Thank you for being my best friend and loving me in a way that no one else can.

3. I Miss You.

Dang, I miss you a lot. Life away from home can be really hard and all I want is my mom. I just need one of your hugs and for you to tell me that everything is going to be OK. A mother’s reassurance is all you need sometimes. Don’t get me wrong, FaceTime really comes in handy, but sometimes I just need to lie in bed with you and watch Greys Anatomy or Parenthood. I’m always looking forward to the next time we get to have a coffee date and get manicures and pedicures together. I miss you in all those moments that make me think, “Wow, I wish my mom was here.”

4. I Love You.

“I love you” is so many meanings and feelings wrapped up in 3 words. “I love you” doesn't even begin to describe the way I feel about you. You're my mom and best friend wrapped in one and I wouldn't want it any other way. I want you to know how much I appreciate you. You are the best thing in my life and I am so lucky that you are my mom. I wish I could give you every piece of happiness in this world because YOU deserve it. I hope you know how amazing and beautiful you are and I hope you know how loved you are. You make me proud to be your daughter. I love you.