Perfect songs to add to your playlist.

4 Songs That Slipped Under Your Radar

Songs that you probably didn't know about that are perfect for those long car rides or get-togethers.

52
4 Songs That Slipped Under Your Radar

With summer over, we all have that special playlist that has us turning up the volume every time it begins and jamming out to our favorite song maybe even bringing us back to the warmer months. Think you've got them all figured out though? Here are some more to add to that perfect playlist.

1. "Effortless" - Wale

Wale makes a perfect summer song with "Effortless". Off his It's "Complicated EP", Wale samples some vocals from the Mary Jane Girls song "All Night Long". With a groovy beat and some perfect background vocals mashed up with Wale's Lyrical flow, This is perfect to dedicate to that special someone.

2. "Love Lies" - Khalid & Normani

This next song comes off the soundtrack for Love Simon. This one occasionally comes on the radio but I haven't heard it anywhere else. Both Khalid and Normani burst onto the track with their incredible voices and add a crazy amount of energy as they switch verses and come together for an amazing chorus over smooth melody. Something sweet to sit back and fall in love to.

3. "Long Time (Intro)" - Playboi Carti

My personal favorite on the list. Playboi Carti has always delivered with a unique flow on all his tracks during his rise to fame. This came off his second studio album "Die Lit." With catchy hooks and hard beats, "Long Time" is the first song on the album and perfect for setting the tone for the rest. With a nice bass and beat that can't be any more perfect, Carti delivers a perfect mix of chilling and raging all in one track.

4. "On and On" - Mac Miller

This ones an old gem I stumbled upon one day. Everyone's familiar with Mac Miller and his more recent work like "The Divine Feminine" and "GO:OD AM", but some might not know of his early hits that made him into the rapper he is today. "On and On" just screams summer. With an amazing beat and an awesome flow, Mac Miller just makes all want to teleport back to 2012 and much simpler times with all his hits. If you ever get tired of songs being over-played on the radio, then Mac Miller is the perfect place to go if you need some throwbacks in your life.

Those are just a couple of songs that I feel should be getting more recognition now that summer is over and we made some memories with the songs. So, when you get tired of having Drakes "Scorpion" or Post Malone's "beerbongs and bentleys" blasting on repeat, don't be shy to step out and look for some new sounds to introduce to all of your friends. (RIP Mac Miller)