4 Rock Bands Returning With New Music In 2017

30 Seconds To Mars and Muse, where you at, though?

78

Over the past several months, my favorite bands have been teasing that new music was in the works. Whether it was short clips of studio sessions or potential collaborations, my anticipation was growing high. In case you missed any recent updates, here are album announcements from a few of the top bands millennials — like myself — have grown up listening to since middle school, with one very underrated lesser-known band added to the list as well.

1. Paramore

Paramore’s fifth album “After Laughter” arrives in merely two weeks, on Friday, May 12th. This new album will be released four years after their self-titled album from 2013. With bassist Jeremy Davis’ exit from the band at the end of 2015, fans have rejoiced at the return of former drummer Zac Farro for the upcoming album. On April 19th, “Hard Times,” their lead single from the album was released along with the music video, arguably surprising viewers with their upbeat ‘80s pop track. Is it time to say goodbye to their rock roots? Never. Nonetheless, I’m very intrigued by what’s to come with the new sound of 2017 Paramore. (Still shocked by Hayley’s new platinum blonde hair).

2. Linkin Park

From nu metal to rap metal, Linkin Park has revisited their original rock sound time and time again throughout the years. However, with their seventh album “One More Light,” following 2014’s “The Hunting Party,” there are a lot of mixed reviews amongst anticipating fans. Their first single off the album, “Heavy” featuring pop singer Kiiara, was released back in February, subsequently followed by immense criticism. For countless fans of their original sound, the band seems to be embracing mainstream music and modern pop, which is the direction none of us expected them to go. With several features on the upcoming album, the new album definitely challenges their fanbase and displays a different side to the band. Maybe Chester really is tired and/or done with screaming? I hope there will still be plenty of raps from Mike to look forward to. We’ll have to see if all the songs on the album sound more or less similar to “Heavy.” “One More Light” will be released on Friday, May 19th.

3. PVRIS

First off, if you’ve never heard of this band, please go check out this article I wrote about them last year and give their debut album a listen. As of earlier today, PVRIS have announced the release of their sophomore album which will arrive this summer. The follow up to 2014’s “White Noise,” the new album will be released on August 4th and is titled “All We Know Of Heaven, All We Need Of Hell.” Today, the band also shared the video for their first single off the album, “Heaven.” PVRIS will be touring with Muse and 30 Seconds To Mars in North America throughout the summer and early fall. The two headlining bands have yet to announce any official details about their upcoming albums.

4. Fall Out Boy

On Saturday, April 27th, Fall Out Boy announced their upcoming seventh album, titled “Mania.” Following 2015’s “American Beauty/American Psycho,” the new album will be released in early fall, on September 15th. The lead single off the album, “Young and Menace,” was released on April 27th along with the music video, following both the album and tour announcement. The single has also received mixed criticism, which is arguably a departure from what fans of Fall Out Boy would expect from the band. Separating from their well-known punk and emo sound, the song is influenced by EDM and shows that the band is open to experimentation. As many would agree, it definitely takes the listener by surprise, which seems to be a trend among the other aforementioned bands as well.

Go check out the newest singles from these bands and soon enough the albums will be within our grasp!