365+ Days of Being Thankful

365+ Days of Being Thankful

The new year means a newfound sense of finding all the things in life to be grateful for.

21
365+ Days of Being Thankful

To start the new decade out in a positive way, I'm going to write at least one thing I'm thankful for each day on a page of a new journal. I want to start the new year and new decade by being positive and thankful and acknowledging everything I'm so lucky to have and be able to do.

It's really easy to get caught up in things that are bad or aren't going the way you had planned and that can completely take over your mindset. I don't want to let my worries overcrowd my thoughts in the upcoming year. Instead, I want to be able to find the good in each and every day. Because even on your hardest days, there is good and things to be thankful for.

This will help me to be more aware of all the things that I am grateful for. I am already looking forward to being able to flip through the pages and see all the things I've been thankful for big and small. Maybe it's that I laughed a lot that day and am thankful for the people in my life that make me laugh or maybe its that I went for a really good run and the sun was out. I want to be able to look through the year and see all the things that made me thankful and grateful every day of 2020.

I'm hoping that this becomes a habit, not just a resolution or goal for 2020. I want this to become a part of my everyday routine. I want to put more energy into the things I'm grateful for and less to the negative things that can easily take over my mood and my day. This is looking far into the future, but I'd like to fill multiple journals of all the things I am thankful for because it's so much more important to focus on the positive than the negative in all situations. I'm not saying I want to only try and be positive, because sometimes life throws curveballs, but it will help me to stay strong during the difficult moments to be focused on the positive.

Cheers to 2020 and for all the things I'll add, big and small, to my list of things I'm thankful for.