I started my junior year three weeks ago. And it slapped me in the face. Don't get me wrong, it's been great, but at the same time I find myself getting overwhelmed and a little bit anxious. When I start to notice I feel that way, my favorite thing to do is come up with a list of things that I'm thankful for, the longer the better. There are a million things that I'm thankful for, but I thought I'd share my favorites from my most recent list, some are bigger than others and some aren't super important at all. But I'm thankful for them all the same.
1. For my parents and the fact that they love me so freaking much.
2. That my friends are always around.
3. That not only my mom, but my friend's moms, text me to see how I'm doing.
4. That I get to go to college, no matter how stressful it gets.
5. That I had a class that got canceled today.
6. That coffee is a real thing that exists.
7. More importantly, that Pumpkin Spice Lattes are a real thing that exists and are back in my life.
8. That it's FINALLY sweater weather.
9. That books are still being written every day, and that I get to read them.
10. That I'm going on a retreat with my best friends this weekend.
11. That I get to write for Odyssey and that it gives me the opportunity to write anything and everything.
12. That CBS renewed "The Big Bang Theory" for its 10th season, and that it's coming back on the 19th.
13. That I get to be a Coug.
14. That I get to take creative writing this semester.
15. That I have a relationship with Jesus.
16. That I never have to be alone.
17. On the flip side, that I can be alone if I want to be.
19. That I get to pursue a career path that I love.
20. That I have a car.
21. That, somewhat miraculously, I haven't gotten a parking ticket yet this year.
22. That I have freedom to fail, and that I get to learn from my mistakes.
23. That I got to go on a vacation with my mom right before I started school.
25. That Jon Cozart still makes YouTube videos.
26. That I have a community of people who love me, no matter what.
27. That I have clean, running water.
28. That I get to eat strawberries.
29. That I can watch Disney movies whenever I want.
30. That I'm still alive and breathing and have the opportunity to live my life.
Sometimes things get a little bit stressful and the world gets a little overwhelming. Luckily, there are a lot of great things happening as well, and as long as we pay attention to them it's not all that bad.