30 John Mayer Lyrics My Future Husband Must Live Up To

Nothing says "I Love You" quite like a John Mayer song.

109
Instagram

John Mayer is my favorite artist to listen to, no matter the occasion. Whether I'm studying or hanging with friends, John is always playing in the background. His voice is soothing and his lyrics are genius, lovely, and methodical. If you're even a slight fan of John Mayer, you'll understand what I'm feeling. Finding a man who lives up to these lyrics may be impossible, but at least I always have John to sing them to me.

1. "When you show me love, I don't need your words,"- Love Is A Verb, Born and Raised

2. "Oh I'll never know what makes this man, With all the love that his heart can stand, Dream of ways to throw it all away."- Gravity, Continuum

3. "I know a girl, She puts the color inside of my world,"- Daughters, Room for Squares

4. "But just remember on the way home, That you were never meant to feel alone."- On The Way Home, Paradise Valley

5. "And I can't remember life before her name."- City Love, Room for Squares

6. "I called because I just need to feel you on the line,"- Split Screen Sadness, Heavier Things

7. "I know we're gonna be ok,"- Emoji of a Wave, Wave Two

8. "Everybody, it seems to me, just wants to be just like you and me,"- St. Patrick's Day, Room for Squares

9. "By the time I recognize this moment, This moment will be gone."- Clarity, Heavier Things

10. "I’m a good man with a good heart, Had a tough time, got a rough start,"- Shadow Days, Born and Raise

11. "And all these emotions of mine keep holding me from Giving my life to a rainbow like you,"- Bold As Love, Continuum

12. "You got my only heart,"- Only Heart, Heavier Things

13. "I love you more than songs can say,"- All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye, Battle Studies

14. "I hate to see you cry, Laying there in that position,"- The Heart of Life, Continuum

15. "I was the one you always dreamed of, You were the one I tried to draw, How dare you say it's nothing to me, Baby, you're the only light I ever saw."- Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, Continuum

16. "When you see me worryin' baby, yeah it's you I hate to lose."- Everyday I Have The Blues, Where The Light Is

17. "I'll never let your head hit the bed, Without my hand behind it."- Your Body Is A Wonderland, Room for Squares

18. "You should’ve kept my undershirt,"- Paper Doll, Paradise Valley

19. "I want you, baby, like you can't understand."- Love on the Weekend, The Search for Everything

20. "You can be mad in the morning, I'll take back what I said, Just don't leave me alone here,"- Come Back to Bed, Heavier Things

21. "Life is full of sweet mistakes, And love's an honest one to make,"- You're Gonna Live Forever in Me, The Search for Everything

22. "Let's just fix this whole thing now, I swear to God we're gonna get it right,"- Heartbreak Warfare, Battle Studies

23. "Waiting on a day, When these words are in stone, When the kids are out grown, And we go dancing."- Waitin' On The Day, Paradise Valley

24. "Lonely was the song I sang, 'till the day you came, Showing me another way and all that my love can bring."- Half of My Heart, Battle Studies

25. "My girl's ain't the one that I saw coming,"- Who You Love, Paradise Valley

26. "Wondering, could you stay, my love? Will you wake up by my side?"- Dreaming With a Broken Heart, Continuum

27. "I can feel love the I want, I can feel the love I need,"- In the Blood, The Search for Everything

28. "Sometimes I wonder if she'll be the one, When I am done changing."- Changing, The Search for Everything

29. "I want you so bad I'll go back on the things I believe, There I just said it, I'm scared you'll forget about me."- Edge of Desire, Battle Studies

30. "You know my paper heart, The one I fill with pencil marks, I think I might have gone and inked you in." - A Face To Call Home, Born and Raised