3 Easy Lunches For The Late Riser

3 Easy Lunches For The Late Riser

Instead of spending $10 every day for lunch, make lunch at home instead (the night before)!

11
3 Easy Lunches For The Late Riser
Blogspot

Though you know you have to be at work at 9 am tomorrow, you go to sleep too late and hit the snooze button more times than you'd like to admit. You now have a total of 72 minutes to shower, dry your hair, get dressed, feed your cat, do your makeup, and somehow fit over an hour long commute in between. But wait - you forgot to bring lunch...again.

Instead of ordering from the same expensive, unfulfilling sandwich shop by your office, here are five quick and easy lunches to prepare the night before and grab as you head out of the house!

1. Tomato Basil Pasta

This cold pasta dish is one of the easiest, tastiest meals you can make in a pinch and still feel like you're a master chef!

Instructions: Bring a pot of water to a boil, add Barilla penne pasta, and cook for the suggested amount of time on the box. While your pasta is boiling, grab a strainer and toss a handful of cherry tomatoes into wash. Rinse them off, pat them dry, and set them aside. When your pasta has finished cooking, rinse it off in cold water for 30 seconds and let it drain. Then, combine your pasta and tomatoes with a tablespoon of olive oil, a dash of Italian seasoning, some salt, pepper, and some grated, fresh garlic (if you so desire). Stir everything together and place in an airtight container in the fridge for the next morning!

Ingredients: Barilla penne pasta, cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper

Prep time: 20 mins

2. Cheesy Hot Dogs in Tortillas

Good for a quick working lunch, these cheesy hot dogs will leave you wanting more!

Instructions: Open and boil a package of Vienna Beef hot dogs on the stove top until the hot dogs become plump. Drain the water from the pot and place your hot dogs aside. Grab two El Milagro flour tortillas, a handful of shredded cheddar cheese, and place one of the hot dogs inside. Roll the tortilla around the hot dog carefully, and secure it with 2-4 toothpicks. Place them in a microwaveable-safe container, and when you're ready to eat, heat them for 90 seconds. Quick, easy, and super cheesy!

Ingredients: Vienna Beef hot dogs, El Milagro flour tortillas, shredded cheddar cheese, toothpicks

Prep time: 10 minutes

3. Ham, Cream Cheese, and Pickle Roll-Ups

This simple lunch can also double-up as a yummy appetizer for get-togethers with friends!

Instructions: Take 5 slices of Dietz & Watson deli fresh ham and spread a generous amount of Philadelphia Cream cheese on the inside of each piece. (Note: you will need to let the cream cheese soften on the counter for 10-15 minutes before doing this.) Then, take Claussen Kosher Dill pickle spears and roll them in the cream-cheese-covered pieces of ham. Place your ham roll-ups in an airtight sandwich container and refrigerate them overnight.

Ingredients: Dietz & Watson deli fresh ham, Philadelphia cream cheese, Claussen Kosher dill pickles

Prep time: 25 minutes