25 Things Every Alabamian Understands

25 Things Every Alabamian Understands

1102
25 Things Every Alabamian Understands
personal

Growing up in Alabama, in my opinion, is a different experience. It's unique compared to other states. So, take pride in your state, and enjoy all the perks and quirks of living in the Heart of Dixie.

Here are 25 signs that you might be from Alabama:

1. You use 'Yall' and 'Fixin' to' in your daily vocabulary.

*Fun Fact: Some British people think the southern accent/language sounds more intelligent. So, ha!

2. Fishing is a sport.

You know you're in the south when all of the local schools have fishing teams.

3. And it also constitutes as a date.

Romantic, right?

4. If you aren't either an Alabama or Auburn fan, you're an outsider.

There are only two choices: War Eagle or Roll Tide.

5. You vacation in Panama City Beach. Every. Single. Year.

This may blow your mind, but there are more vacation destinations other than those sandy white PCB beaches.

6. You give directions that include the words “turn where the [blank] used to be.”

7. The 3 most important holidays of the year are: Christimas, Thanksgiving, and the Ironbowl.

War Eagle.

8. You think people who complain about heat and humidity in other states are sissies.

Thank you humidity, I always wanted to be the Lion King.

9. Instead of being born in a barn, you got married in one.

Now you have an excuse to leave the door open.

10. Speaking of weddings, someone you know used a football schedule to plan theirs.

\

Spring weddings are all the rage in Alabama.

11. You don't have shopping carts, you have buggies.

Or adult stollers, but ya know, do you.

12. Fried foods are half of the food pyramid.

Pretty much.

13. If one snowflake falls from the sky, the entire town shuts down, and the grocery stores are sold out of milk, bread, toilet paper, and beer, It's all over the local news, and you may even purchase an "I survived the blizzard" T-shirt.

A 1/2 inch of snow=no school for a week.

14. You have tons of cute shoes, but still choose to wear nothing but Chacos.

Live life comfortably.

15. In Alabama, there are four seasons: almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas.

Might as well love the idea of summer, because that's pretty much all you are going to get.

16. You make fun of northerners accents.

We don't have accents, northerners just talk funny.

17. When bad weather comes, you send pictures to James Spann hoping that you will become famous.

18. You've seen the "Go to church or the devil will get you sign" at least once.

There's nothing like living in the Bible Belt.

19. A Mercedes-Benz isn't a status symbol, a Chevy Silverado extended cab is.

20. You've had to switch from heat to A/C in one day.

Sweaters one day, tank tops the next.

21. Roll Eagle and Roll Tide are acceptable greetings.

They're universal; they can mean anything.

22. You, under no circumstance, like LSU.

Never

23. If there is one day a year that you dress up, it's Easter.

24) Have I mentioned that if you live in Alabama, there is a 99 percent chance that you love football?

Just in case you haven't gotten the point yet, football is life.

25. Last, but certainly not least, you fly a confederate flag from your truck because you are a "rebel."

There's no need to elaborate here.

Well, if you are a true Alabamian, you will understand.