23 Signs You're A Dr. Pepper Fanatic And Proud Of It, Gosh Darnit
popular

Only a true addict knows why there are 23 reasons.

10573
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdit3JZlu8g/

1. You have specific restaurants that have better Dr. Pepper than others

And you always seem to go there more than any other restaurant.

2. You've gone to fast food restaurants just to get a Dr. Pepper

And that guy at Whataburger is definitely starting to recognize you…

3. You have visited the Dr. Pepper Museum in Waco, Texas

This is practically a pilgrimage. And you bought the t-shirt

4. You've tried “Hot Dr. Pepper"

Don't know what I'm talking about? Dr. Pepper invented this recipe back in the '60s. Cold soda never sold well when it was cold outside, so they re-marketed the drink as a hot beverage to serve at Christmas parties. This trend has basically faded into soda history, but hey, it's worth a try.

5. You go through withdrawals, just like a coffee drinker

The caffeine headaches are real, people.

6. You automatically add $3 to your bill at restaurants.

You just can't say no…

7. You feel betrayed when your waiter brings you Mr. Pibb.

No. No, it's not the same thing.

8. You actually understand the people addicted to Diet Coke

It's an addiction. We get it.

9. You feel a close bond with the 104-year-old woman who claims that Dr. Pepper is the reason for her living so long.

“Two doctors have told me that if I drink it, I will die. But they died first."

10. It's healthier than diet drinks.

And alcohol.

11. You're starting to wonder what all you can do with cans

Your recycling bin is probably filled with the iconic red cans--Santa series, Superbowl, Wolverine, you name it

12. “I guess I'll just have water…"

Waiters have mocked me for the disappointed look on my face when they say they only have Mr. Pibb.

13. Their marketing slogan “10. 2. 4." basically describes your life.

Three cans a day isn't that bad…right?

14. You've tried other Dr. Pepper flavored things.

Does anyone else remember Dr. Pepper Chapstick?

15. Your perfect day HAS to include a Dr. Pepper in your hand

16. You've probably tried to quit drinking it

But never prevailed.

17. Dr. Pepper imposters make you want to cry

“Dr. Better" …are you kidding me?

18. "I can drink three cans in one sitting because it is basically equivalent to one fountain drink so… it's okay."

Don't question my logic.

19. You've googled the 23 flavors in Dr. Pepper

If you're curious: cola, cherry, licorice, amaretto (almond, vanilla, blackberry, apricot, blackberry, caramel, pepper, anise, sarsaparilla, ginger, molasses, lemon, plum, orange, nutmeg, cardamon, all spice, coriander juniper, birch and prickly ash.

20. You've attempted to try all the different Dr. Pepper products

Cherry vanilla? Meh. Original is best.

21. You've almost tried out different Dr. Pepper recipes

There's everything from Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce to Dr. Pepper cupcakes (and tbh, those cupcakes are pretty amazing).

22. Your friends are actually surprised when they see you without a can in your hand

Or bottle. Or cup. Or glass. Or whatever else could hold Dr. Pepper.

23. You get why 23 reasons is funny