21 Things To Do When You Turn 21

21 Things To Do When You Turn 21

It's more than what you think

38
21 Things To Do When You Turn 21
Gracyn Reed

Your 21st birthday is one of those extremely exciting birthdays. Right there with five, 10, 16, and 18. At five you begin school, and 16 you can drive, at 18 you become an adult, and at 21 you can do it all. There are so many things you need to do on your 21st or shortly there after and I'm here to let you know what they are.

1. Drink Mimosas

Nothing says, "Hey I'm 21 and it's 8 a.m. so let's drink" than finding an amazing place that serves breakfast and alcohol.

2. Wine Tasting

This is something very important as you will get older wine will begin to be offered to you more and more and some of it is really gross so you have to know what's good and what isn't. This is something for sure you can do with your parents, of course.

3. Flash Your ID

Nothing makes you feel cooler than flashing your real ID and being approved to get a drink somewhere.

4. Try Everything

Go out with your parents to a real bar and try all the things you've never heard of, on their time of course. You might even have fun with them!

5. Pass Down Your Fake

You paid good money for that fake, more than likely, and you shouldn't just throw it away! Pass it down and make a little mulla out of it.

6. Go Out With Others

When your moms friends ask you to go out with them, and not as their DD, go with them! Nobody knows how to get boys better than married women.

7. Hit The Casino

I have been planning to go to the casino since I was about 12 years old, unlike other people. Even if you don't gamble or spend any money, it's an experience you should definitely have.

8. Have a Wingwoman

Don't go into trying everything alone. Going out can be expensive but it's important to try new places and have a good time: always.

9. Try New Stores

Going to the same liquor store that has the same stuff is never fun. Google some places around you and attend a new store. You might find something you like.

10. Make A Budget

Going out is expensive and if you don't find people to pay for your drinks while you're out you'll definitely go broke really quickly.

11. Attend a Bartending Class

Most large cities have a class you can attend, for a small fee, that would teach you the basics of bartending. For sure a girls night activity.

12. Netflix and Chill

Hit up your grocery store for a cheap bottle of wine, order a pizza and have a great night in. Now your Netflix and chill sessions just got way better

13. Host a Party

Have all your friends over for a night of drinking and fun to celebrate all the years of waiting.

14. Tour a Brewery

Not only is wine a tricky taste but beer is even trickier. Touring a brewery lets you find out not only the process that goes into beer but also what kinds you really like.

15. Go Dancing

Even if you aren't a dane, nothing get's your body moving more than a few shots! Take some friends an have fun, those clubs are always packed.

16. Always Drink Margaritas

As someone who grew up in Texas on Mexican food, the love for margaritas runs in the family. Even if you've never tried one, you can never go wrong with chips and salsa and a good marg.

17. Get a Good Hangover

Nothing says Happy Birthday like waking up the next day and feeling like death. It's all a part of the experience.

18. Attend Happy Hour

Happy Hours are usually filled with people who just had a bad day at work but that doesn't mean you can't go get half price drinks!

19. Attend a Royals Game

The K has not only great beers on tap but they also have many full service bars as well as there special 360 blended cocktails. Yum yum.

20. Know Your Limits

No one likes the person that ruins the party by puking everywhere. Slow and steady wins the race.

21. Have Fun!

Don't forget that life is all about having fun and just because you turn 21 doesn't mean you can't continue that.