Your 2018 Long Island Summer Bucket List

It's all covered right here.

422
Maryanne Mahoney

As summer is rapidly approaching, a bucket list is more than necessary. This summer one of my goals is to check off all of the things I have on my list for summer 2018.

Here are some of the best things to do and the best places to visit this summer on Long Island:

1. Bonfires with friends.

Something about a large wood fire outside in the cold air, wearing sweatshirts and shorts on a summer night with friends, makes me think that there is truly nothing better.

2. Billy Joel concert.

While this might technically be at Madison Square Garden in Manhatten, which is technically not on Lond Island, but Billy Joel is a native Long Islander so it has to count for something right?

3. Concert at Jones Beach Nikon Amphitheater.

While this was probably something you begged your mom to do at 14, to go see the BLI summer jam with all your friends, it wouldn't hurt to look into the lineup and see if there is something that catches your eye.

4. Berry picking out east.

Some of the best strawberries come from picking them and eating them right off of the vine, so you might as well take a trip out east to see all of the country that seems so lost in most of the Long Island Suburbs.

5. A day in Greenport.

Again, for a lot of us, it may be a hike to drive all the way out east but a change of scenery in the summer somehow always seems more enticing.

6. Take the LIRR to the city.

Maybe not exactly Long Island either, but you're taking the Long Island Rail Road so close enough.

7. Attend a Ducks game.

Especially as a little family outing, a baseball game is always a perfect summer weekend activity,

8. Beach day, both the ocean and the sound.

On Long Island, we're lucky enough to have the ocean on one side and the sound on the other. The Long Island Sound faces Connecticut and is the calmer more relaxing version of the two. Depending on the day, there are options.

9. Fast food runs late at night.

I don't think I'll ever understand why McDonald's fries taste so much better after 10 P.M., but I'm looking forward to these kinds of nights this summer.

10. College friends meet High School friends.

This reunion slash meet and greet would be the perfect way to kick off summer. I hope my high school friends get to meet my college friends, and I hope I get to meet some of my high school friends college friends as well!

Summer 2018 better be the best yet, hopefully this bucket list will help!