18 Things Every Concert Junkie Lives For

Tickets and tshirts and groupies, oh my!

34
Kyra Russell

I love concerts. It's a constant struggle between my bank account and I when shows get announced in my city. I spend way more money on tickets and merch and have lost count the number of artists I've seen. Venues are my "happy place." I get a rush waiting for the opening acts. I mean let's be honest, there's so many worse things I could be addicted to. And by now you're probably still wondering, "what clarifies as a concert junkie?" Well if you can go through this list and relate to at least 10 more than you relate to your favorite lead singer (future husband/ wife), you may need an intervention.

1. Getting a notification that your favorite bands are touring together

All of my imaginary boyfriends in the same place? YES PLEASE.

2. Sitting at your laptop with your bank information waiting for the very second that tickets go on sale

No way I’m getting stuck with resale prices

3. Finally getting those tickets in the mail even if the show is still 3 months away

I will frame these until the time is right

4. Winning free tickets to a sold out show

*flips hair* Only peasants pay for shows

5. Getting to a venue 5 hours early just to be at the front of the line

Bring a book, order some pizza, it's gonna be a long day.

6. And then getting to merch early and still having so much to choose from

A t shirt? A poster? 7 stickers and buttons? *Empties entire bank account*

7. Annoyingly waiting through opening acts only to realize that they’re your new favorite artists

More concerts to go to and albums to buy!

8. Meeting new friends at a show who are equally obsessed but passionate and proud of the artist

Where have you been all my life?

9. Getting amazing quality front row photos even if it means you're plastered against the barricade and carrying the same crowdsurfer 27 times

That hi def tho

10. Seeing one of your favorite artists make a surprise guest appearance

He doesn't even go here but he can totally sit with us

11.Surprise acoustic covers

Because guitars

12. The feeling during the buildup of a song that you're with tons of people who just get it

This is what you came for

13. Snagging a setlist/ guitar pick/ drumstick at the end of a set

Fighting over who actually caught it is fun too

14. Meeting one of your favorite artists at merch or outside after the show

Selfie time

15. Getting them to sign something you made/ wore/ a limb

Never washing my left arm again

16. A bottle of water at the end of a show

Let's be honest

17. Showing off that sick merch the next day

Be jealous. Be very jealous.

18. Seeing a favorite band more than once

Once is never enough

Concert withdrawal is a real thing ladies and gents. And I'm sure by the time you get to the end of this you've already thought of like 3 more shows to buy tickets to. So go, be free, spend your money on all the mosh pits and tribal themed face paint your heart desires. I know I will.