18 Reasons Why I Still Miss Zayn Malik

18 Reasons Why I Still Miss Zayn Malik

How long can you live with 4/5 of your heart?

181
20wattsmag

Even if I live to be 100 years old, I will never forget waking up from my mid-morning nap on Wednesday, March 25, 2015. It was a gorgeous day, the sun streaking in through the open windows of my freshman dorm room as I opened my eyes and sat up in bed, mentally preparing to drag myself out of bed and across campus to statistics. Little did I know that my world would soon come crashing down around me. I shut off my alarm, and it was then that I saw dozens upon dozens of texts. While I had slumbered so peacefully, a heartbreaking, earthshaking official statement had been released. Nothing would ever be the same again. Z-day was here.

It's been a year since Zayn left One Direction in favor of a solo career. In honor of the 18 tracks on his new solo album, "Mind of Mine," here are 18 reasons why I still miss him.

1. Four just isn't the same as five.

2. No one can hit that "You and I" high note like Zayn can.

Sorry, Liam. A for effort.

3. There have been no more selfies like this.

4. Or moments like this.

5. Or this.

6. Or this!

7. It's been a whole year without the Bradford Bad Boy.

8. No more promotional videos with moments like this.

9. No one has hair like this.

Except Louis kinda does, now, but it's not the same.

10. Or a smile like this.

11. Without Zayn, who else is going to lie to us?

12. And now it just hurts to watch this.

13. The Aladdin comparisons have stopped.

14. I still miss this.

15. And this.

16. And this, too.

17. And we can't forget about this.

18. And most importantly, without Zayn in One Direction, it's been far too long since we've heard those two magic words.