18 Life Lessons Learned From "Boy Meets World"

Today's kids cannot only know "Girl Meets World."

94
Static2.hypable.com

"Boy Meets World" premiered the year before I was even born, but I don't know if there has ever been a TV show in existence that makes me as emotional as that show did. Why is that? It's because it had everything: humor, friendship, romance, and life lessons. The show had a way of capturing your attention immediately with a hilarious story and then leaving you sobbing with the very last line. We all remember tuning in to Disney Channel every day, "TGIF" on ABC for those "Boy Meets World" OG's, or maybe you even owned all seven seasons on DVD like I did, to catch up on the lives of Cory, Topanga, Shawn, Eric, and, of course, Mr. Feeny. This is a list of 18 lessons that we learned from Boy Meets World.

1. It's OK to laugh at ourselves.

2. Don't be afraid of being honest.

3. Be there for the ones who you love.

4. Nothing is easy.

5. Never give up on the ones who make you do crazy things.

6. You don't have to be blood to be family.

7. Life's short, eat the pizza. You're beautiful either way.

8. You may never understand until you have (literally) walked in their shoes.

9. Lose one friend, lose all friends, lose yourself.

10. If it doesn't make you at least a little afraid, it isn't worth it.

11. Be someone who nobody could ever forget.

12. Things will change and it'll be okay.

13. Some things will always stay the same.

14. Believe that things will always work out the way that they're supposed to in the end.

15. Don't take anything too seriously.

16. Surround yourself with those who make you into the best possible version of yourself.

17. Do good.

18. Never, ever, settle for anything less than Cory Matthews.