18 Things I Want To Do In 2018

18 Things I Want To Do In 2018

Here's a list of goals I'm setting for myself for this brand new year.

53
18 Things I Want To Do In 2018
Nsey Benajah

I officially finished last year with a list of seventeen things I learned throughout those twelve months, both big and small. In a way, I was saying goodbye to 2017.

Now, it's important for me to validate my goals by putting them down in words. I want to welcome the new year with 18 things I want to do in 2018.

1. Learn to play the ukulele.

I have a fascination with instruments but I am not musically-inclined whatsoever. I hear ukulele is a fairly easy instrument to pick up on because of its simplicity.

2. Get better at longboarding.

I plan to improve my longboarding skills because although I can stand on it and cruise, I'm still trying to nail weaving and turning.

3. Finish learning Alphabet Aerobics.

The summer before my senior year of high school, I began learning this rap by Blackalicious after seeing Daniel Radcliffe perform it on YouTube. I never got past the letter W.

4. Start bullet-journaling.

Writing stuff down helps me memorize what I have to do and this is so aesthetically pleasing, so why not?

5. Finish a story.

I can never seem to finish a story because no matter how far I get, I begin to question how strong my piece is and doubt myself, but I'm going to teach myself to get over that.

6. Stay positive.

Last year was a roller coaster and maybe that's just life, but I want to remain optimistic and look on the bright side of things from now on.

7. Wiggle my eyebrows.

It's so freaking hard but I'm going to do it someday.

8. Buy a fish.

I'm 18 now. In my state, I can't buy lottery tickets until I'm 21 and I have no intention of buying cigarettes. A fish? I can scoop one up from Petco now and I'll cherish it dearly.

9. Improve my physical health.

Exercise more, start doing yoga and treat my body better is my goal.

10. Crack a dad joke once a day.

Why not?

11. Catch up on "The Office."

It's my exact sense of humor and a year should be enough time to get through all these seasons.

12. Make new friends.

Friendships are one of the things I appreciate the most in life. I thrive off of these relationships and I hope to make more connections with people.

13. Get to class faster.

I just finalized my schedule for the spring semester and I have two classes on Tuesday with a 15-minute gap in between and literally across campus.

14. Read more.

It's crazy to think that, as an English major, I haven't dedicated a lot of time to recreational reading and I need to get back into that.

15. Collect more buttons and pins.

I like to stick them on my backpack. They're a reflection of my interests and me as an individual!

16. Try to slack off less.

My classes these semester are a lot more rigorous and I know I can do well if I procrastinate less.

17. Write everyday.

While being a content creator on this platform helps me get my creative juices flowing once a week, I really want to practice my writing on the daily and get into the habit of it.

18. Make more memories.

Last but not least, this is another fresh year for laughs, memories and happiness. I'm up for it.