17 Disney Channel Original Movies Even '90s Kids Probably Forgot About

When you saw those kids doing gymnastics over film reels, you knew something good was about to come on.

374
Wiki Logos

'90s kids can become pretty nostalgic thinking about the television shows they watched during their childhood.

There's always talk of cartoons from Nickelodeon or ABC, but no one ever mentions the old school Disney Channel. We had it good in the 2000's when Disney Channel was making original films exclusively for Disney Channel viewers, titled DCOM's. Here are 17 DCOM's you probably forgot about, and will definitely want to arrange a marathon to watch again!

1. Jump In

How could you forget the iconic double dutch movie with both Corbin Bleu and Keke Palmer? Where Corbin Bleu began his music career? Where we all thought we could do the double dutch tricks they did in the show and failed miserably? If you don't remember, no worries - fortunately, this film is on Netflix.

2. Read it and Weep

Another classic with Disney Channel sisters Kay and Danielle Panabaker. I remember seeing the tablet that Kay wrote on and wishing I had something similar to journal in. This movie can also be found on Netflix.

3. The Even Stevens Movie

Sometimes I forget that Even Stevens even existed and then I see Shia LaBoeuf and remember everything. Right after he graced us with his presence in Holes, Shia Laboeuf and co-star Christy Carlson Romano wowed us in The Even Stevens Movie. Though this one isn't on Netflix, it is on Hulu.

4. Eddie's Million Dollar Cook-Off

Eddie Ogden was the original Zeke from High School Musical. He was a baseball player who loved cooking and decided to pursue it alongside his sports career, leading to some pretty crazy shenanigans. Because this one is so rare, you'll have t pay to see this movie. It's only $5.99 on YouTube.

5. Smart House

Before SmartPhones went viral, we all wanted to live in the Smart House that sort of controlled everyone inside, but that's mostly irrelevant! The party Ben throws without his family knowing was so cool! You can rent this film on Amazon.

6. Wendy Wu Homecoming Warrior

The ultimate girl-power movie. From trying to win the title of Homecoming Queen while attempting to learn the ropes of being a warrior, Wendy Wu is not to be trifled with. You can find this gem on Netflix as well.

7. Zenon Girl of the 21st Century

Who didn't love the Zenon series? Though the first one was arguably the best - the whole series was amazing! The technology was definitely out of this world. Not only was Kirsten Storms best friends with a character played by Raven Symone, but the film also gave us the wonder that is Protozoa. Watch this film on Amazon or YouTube.

8. Pixel Perfect

Before Ricky Ullman totally fell off the face of the Earth, he starred in this film about a boy who creates a holographic lead singer for his best friend's band. The scene where everyone runs out of the hospital in the pouring rain was so dramatic for me as a child. You can purchase this film on iTunes.

9. Life is Ruff

Kay Panabaker, Kyle Massey, Mitchel Musso and an amazing labrador retriever star in this fantastic film that combines skateboarding, romance, dogs shows and teenage mischief, this film is a force to be reckoned with. You can watch online at Amazon, YouTube, iTunes and Google Play.

10. The Thirteenth Year

This movie was 18 years early for the mermaid fad that has swept our generation in recent years. Telling the story of a young boy entering his teen years, this movie also told the story of a star-swimmer coming to terms with the fact that he is a mermaid. Mer-man? They struggle with the terminology here too. Find it online from Amazon Video for just $2.99.

11. Double Teamed

A heart-warming tale based on the true story following basketball star twins Heidi and Heather Burge, is one that we will always remember in our hearts. The two girls learn lessons of teamwork, acceptance and bravery in this film which can be found on Amazon and Youtube.

12. Gotta Kick It Up

Face it, after this movie, you wanted to be on a dance team more than anything. Starring America Ferrara and Camille Guaty, this movie teaches audience about tolerance, cooperation and teamwork. Si Se Puede! Put that vaseline on your teeth, kick up those feet and watch it again on Amazon and Itunes!

13. Twitches

Well after Halloweentown came Twitches, a two-part movie series that involves the witchcraft shenanigans of twins sisters played by Tia and Tamera Mowry. Both movies can be found on Amazon.

14. Cadet Kell

Telling the funny and relatable story of a teen sent to military school, this movie stars the unforgettable Hilary Duff and Christy Carlson Romano. We will never forget the ending scene with ribbons and streamers. Find it and enjoy the feelings all over again on Netflix.

15. The Luck of the Irish

Similar to The Thirteenth Year, this teenager must hide the fact that he is both a basketball star and a leprechaun. Similar to Space Jam, he must battle some other fantasy characters in order to keep his family from the control of evil leprechauns. Never forget the “This Land is Your Land” cover. Feel the confusion and watch it on Youtube and Google Play.

16. The Cheetah Girls

Once a Cheetah Girl, always a Cheetah Girl! Re-live your cheetah-licious days watching the first and second movies, which are a blast. The third one doesn’t have Raven Symone in it, which begs the question, were they ever really Cheetah Girls, Cheetah Sisters? Answer the question for yourself when you watch all three movies on Netflix.

17. Stuck in the Suburbs

Can you spell iconic? Starring Danielle Panabaker, Brenda Song and Saturday Night Live’s Taran Killiam, this movie won over all of our hearts the minute it aired on television. After rockstar Jordan Cahill is pressured to appear a certain way by his label, these two teen fans set out to reveal the true Jordan Cahill. Do they succeed? You’ll have to find the movie on Youtube to find out!