16 Underrated Bands You Should Listen to This Summer

Great artists with little to no recognition to give a listen to this summer.

109

I have come to find something to be true in life. Every band or solo musician I love becomes ridiculously famous within a year of me discovering them. Among these have been the Jonas Brothers, Ed Sheeran, Vance Joy, and Judah & The Lion. Because of this, here are some amazing musicians that deserve a good listen. Who knows, maybe they'll be super famous by next year as well!

1) A.A. Bondy: Alternative with a softer approach.

2) Aaron Parker: Good ole country artist who reminds me of a lot of the other country music that's out right now (but possibly a bit better).

3) Amy Stroup: One of the best female singer/songwriter artists I've ever listened to. Her voice is so pure and her songs are absolutely beautiful. Some of them have been featured on the show One Tree Hill.

4) Andrew Paul Woodworth: He's a good singer/songwriter artist who can turn "Fight For Your Right" by Beastie Boys into a beautiful acoustic ballad.

5) Andrew St. James: Another softer alternative artist who deserves a lot more recognition than he is given.

6) Better Than Ezra: A great rock band with a super catchy sound.

7) Between The Trees: Okay so this band has already broken up but they never got the recognition they deserved. They're indie/alternative but their songs have the most beautiful lyrics I've ever listened to. They're raw and powerful and deserve a listen.

8) Birdy: Another great singer/songwriter artist who does beautiful covers of popular songs. Her cover of Bon Iver's "Skinny Love" is amazing.

9) Brian Littrell: Backstreet Brian was known for his Backstreet Boys days, however not many people know that he did a great job in the Christian music industry. He wrote some amazing songs that were great musically and lyrically. Just give it a try.

10) Butterfly Boucher: This band is a good alt artist to listen to on a nice summer day.

11) Cami Bradley: Former America's Got Talent star Cami Bradley has been forgotten with most other AGT stars. She's a great pop singer with a soft voice that can make her a good listen for anyone.

12) Candythief: Another good singer/songwriter band for the mellow days.

13) Charlie Oxford: He's an awesome pop artist but he carries a kind of jazz or R&B sound to it, I can't detect which. It works though, like really.

14) Daughter: My absolute favorite when it comes to singer/songwriter music. Her songs evoke such emotion and they carry so much depth. "Landfill" is a song that still just tears at my heart.

15) SHoTA: SHoTA is a more pop artist and he's really talented. I see him going very far in his music career.

16) Wilderness of Tekoa: An indie band that is super awesome. Listen to "Your Place in the Ground." It's amazing.

Most of these artists can be found on the website NoiseTrade.com. Add them to your list for summer listening. Enjoy!