156 Shootings In Half A Year

156 Shootings In Half A Year

Sad news from Baltimore.

11
156 Shootings In Half A Year
rxrrealty

In less than 24 hours 6 more people have been shot, bringing the count to 156 shootings in just 2017. Baltimore is in dire straights. Though they have increased the number of officers on duty, and they now work 12 hour shifts. Police are also canvasing neighborhoods in search of gunman, asking questions, and doing their best to find the people who are committing these heinous crimes. One of the victims, Sebastian Dvorak, was only 27 years old. His father, David Dvorak states "the senseless of this violence, I'm at a loss for words." Dvorak worked as a bartender at a local bar known as Ryleigh’s Oyster. After a night out with a group of friends he was robbed and shot on Boston street. “We are deeply saddened of our dearest son Sebastian,” said David. “He was exceptional in every possible way, lit up every room and loved by so many.”

Murders such as this are showing that gunfire is reaching a point of epic proportions, things are getting out of control. People are afraid to talk, they're being threatened, and are afraid that if they say anything they'll be next. What do they do in a situation such as this? 37 year old Charmaine Wilson was also shot in West Baltimore, another senseless murder. Baltimore PD spokesman T.J. Smith said “There is a murderer among us who is an absolutely monstrous human being,”

The city is in an uproar over the shootings, fear runs deep, people are afraid to leave their homes, they don't want to get shot."We're just as angry and frustrated and ticked off about it as anyone else watching, and I expect people to be upset," Davis said. "I expect people to want a better Baltimore, to want a sense of peace and tranquility that when they leave their home, or go to their car, or go to the store, or go to work or walk in the neighborhood, that they don't have to put up with this crap. The mayor stated that he has been talking with judges, trying to keep people with violent histories in jail, and prison, and guns out of their hands. They are doing they're best to keep the people safe, and to keep the shootings to a minimum.

Police say their is no motive behind the shooting of Dvorak, but they are continuing to comb through surveillance in the hopes that they will find something of use. Some articles are claiming that the shootings are gang related, a very good possibility. Less than an hour after the announcement about the new strategy to stop, or at least slow, the shootings there was a quadruple shooting. Four men were wounded age 19, 20, 23, and 55. The shootings have gotten out of control, and everything that can be done is being done to stop it.