15 Songs to Calm Your Anxious Mind

15 Songs to Calm Your Anxious Mind

Music is powerful. Here are some songs to lift your mood.

195
15 Songs to Calm Your Anxious Mind
CDN.PCWALLART.Com

Music is one of the great wonders of the world. It knows how to alter our moods and lift us up when we're feeling down. I have a go to play list for all kinds of situations. My favorite is my playlist for when my anxiety sneaks up on me and I need to remind myself that everything is okay. I'm a huge fan of cheesy inspirational quotes, so these songs are right up my alley. I hope that if you ever need them, or even if you don't, these songs are here for you.

15. Don't Stop- Fleetwood Mac

It's blasphemy, I know, but the Glee version of this song is the one on my playlist. Whoops.

Best lyrics: All I want is to see you smile, if it takes just a little while.

14. Scars to Your Beautiful- Alessia Cara

This is all over the radio right now, and for good reason. It's not often a message as important as this hits the airwaves. I'm glad this song exists.

Best lyrics: So to all the girl's that are hurting, let me be your mirror. Help you see a little bit clearer the light that shines within.

13. So Alive - Ashley Parker Angel

Remember that time Ashley Parker Angel made a solo cd? Yeah, well, it was actually a pretty decent record.

Best lyrics: Got no way of knowing exactly where I'm going, but I feel so alive. Everything is changing, life is rearranging, but I feel so alive.

12. Learn from the Fall- Noah Guthrie

This song is all about learning from your mistakes and being better for it. If you've never heard of Noah, I HIGHLY recommend this cd, "Among the Wildest Things."

Best lyrics: I'll be taking with me every lesson, every memory that keeps me going strong. If I don't make it up the mountain, I'll learn from the fall.

11. Make Something Beautiful- Ben Rector

Ben Rector's songs are all wonderful, but this one is soft and beautiful and makes me feel hopeful. It's succinct, but it makes its presence known.

Best lyrics: Please let me make something beautiful; a thing that reminds us there's good in the world.

10. Fear- Ben Rector

This is an upbeat, dance-y song that's all about conquering your fears. It's pretty awesome and makes me want to kick anxiety's butt.

Best lyrics: Ilearned to dance with the fear that I'd been running from.

9. Happy Face- Destiny's Child

This song is so ridiculously positive, it kind of makes me feel like I can do anything. It never fails to put me in a good mood.

Best lyrics: I'm living, I'm able, I'm breathing, I'm grateful to put on my happy face.

8. Keep Your Head Up- Andy Grammer

This song is so upbeat and positive that I can't help but smile when I hear it. Andy Grammer is adorable.

Best lyrics:Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again.

7. The Sun Will Rise- Kelly Clarkson and Kara Dioguardi

This song is beautiful and way way way too underrated, hiding at the very end of the same cd that brought us " Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)."

Best lyrics: The sun will rise. When you've lost your light, the sun will rise. It'll be alright.

6. Hakuna Matata- The Lion King

I mean, c'mon, this has to be on this list! It means "no worries" and it always brightens my day. Timon and Pumbaa are everything.

Best lyrics: When I was a young warthoggggggg! [Kidding ;) ]
Hakuna Matata; It means no worries for the rest of your days.

5. Let the Road- Rixton

This song is GORGEOUS. The Rixton guys open their cd completely acapella with their best song. I was in love from the first note.

Best lyrics: If you don't belong and the world feels too strong and you're scared of the darkness to come, Oh, hold on, oh, hold on cause love will show all the ways.

4. Last Hope- Paramore

One of my favorite songs ever. It's very hopeful and lyrically brilliant. Hayley Williams sings her soul out.

Best lyrics: It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going and when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing.

3. Walk in the Sun - McFly

Danny Jones' voice is heavenly and this song is quiet and soft and beautiful.

Best lyrics: I don't walk when there's a stone in my shoes. All I know is in time I'll be fine.

2. I'll Be Ok- McFly

The title says it all. As cheesy as it sounds, sometimes just saying "I'll Be Ok" actually helps.

Best lyrics: When you're down and lost and you need a helping hand, when you're down and lost along the way, just tell yourself "I'll Be Ok."

1. Smile - McFly

As you can tell by my last three songs, McFly happens to be my favorite band, so I'm probably biased. This song is upbeat and the lyrics happen to be a piece of my life philosophy. I even have a "Remember to Smile" tattoo.

Best lyrics: Just remember to smile and that's a good enough start.

I hope that if you ever need a song to help you through anything happening in your life that some of these will help. :)