15 Late Night Snacks That You Won't Regret In The Morning

Hungry? We got your snack.

558

Ever eat mac and cheese, pizza, or ice cream right before you go to sleep and immediately regret it when your head hits the pillow? I think we've all been there. Snacking in college is a necessity, especially when you are up late doing work or coming back from a night out.

However, just because you're hungry doesn't mean you have to satisfy that feeling with junk — here are 15 alternatives you can keep in your room and snack on when you are having some late night cravings.

1. Yogurt

Add some fruit and granola into your favorite type of yogurt and your filled for the night; plus, it's a sweet snack so it's practically like you're eating frozen yogurt, right?

2. Granola bars

Are you even a college student if you don't eat a million granola bars a day? RX, Kind, Clif, and especially Love Crunch bars are my favorites, but there are endless options that will definitely fill you up without giving you any regrets.

3. Nut butter

Peanut butter and almond butter are my favorite snacks ever. They give you lots of protein and are extremely versitile. Eat with apples, bananas, rice cakes, or even alone, a spoonful of almond/peanut butter before bed is always my favorite.

4. Veggie sticks

Bell pepper, celery, cucumbers, carrots, the list goes on and on. If you can make your way to Whole Foods or Trader Joes, definitely purchase some veggies that you can snack on all night long and feel like you're a VS model preparing for the big runway show.

5. Cereal

Another favorite of mine, cereal is healthy, sweet, and definitely can fill me up. Who else didn't start binging cereal until college? It is now on top of my snack list.

6. Fruit

Dried or fresh, fruit is always the way to go. Eat it alone or combined with other foods (nut butters, yogurt, or my favorite dark chocolate), fruit is the healthiest way to quench your sweet tooth. Just make a trip to the supermarket and stock up.

7. Hummus

Who doesn't love hummus with pita chips or carrot sticks? Healthy, delicious, and a great salty snack to have before brushing your teeth.

8. Guacamole

I always keep a huge bag of tortilla chips in my room for this reason. Guacamole is always a good idea, especially if you have the time to go pick some good quality guac up.

9. Popcorn

Some Skinny Pop before bed is a great way to fill you up with a salty snack that has little calories. Or, put some microwave popcorn in the oven for a real treat.

10. Cheese stick

Want cheesy bread but don't want the carbs? Stock up on cheese sticks, a snack that can fill you up and give you the dairy you're craving.

11. Pretzels

Pretzels are one of the most versatile snacks. Dip it or eat it with anything and it can add the salty crunch you desire. Plus, it's healthy. I've never had less than 2 bags in my room since I've been at college, and it has been the best idea I've had all year.

12. Trail mix

Nuts, granola, dried fruits, and chocolate. What else could you want all in one bag? Trail mix gives you the salty and sweet dessert you crave before you go to sleep, but less calories and more protein.

3. Rice cakes

Rice cakes are a great way to fill up while feeling like you're eating air. Put some nut butter and banana on them and you're set. Or purchase dark chocolate covered rice cakes. Trust me, you won't regret it.

14. Oatmeal

My favorite breakfast food and also one of my top late night snacks, oatmeal has become a go-to of mine in college. So easy to make in your dorm and healthy for you.

15. Hot chocolate/Tea

Ok, I know that these aren't technically "snacks" and rather drinks, but they are still a great alternative to eating food before bed. If you are hungry but not that hungry, try heating up some chocolate milk or making yourself some tea. Drinking a nice cup of hot chocolate or tea in bed while watching Netflix is what I dream about at night.