15 Easy Ways To Share The Gospel In The 21st Century

Our job is to plant the seed.

207
Ashley Brooke Boyd

Name the last five people you’ve shared the gospel with. Go on! I’ll wait.

Oh, wait… you haven’t done that in a while, have you? Yeah, me neither. Maybe you need to know you’re not alone. Maybe you need someone to walk beside you so you don’t feel uncomfortable. Yeah, I need that, too. Today I’m sharing 15 easy ways to share the gospel. I hope these are useful to you and I CHALLENGE YOU TO PICK ONE AND USE IT!

Let’s get down what the gospel is. Sharing the gospel isn’t your personal testimony. It’s not sharing random scripture. It’s not a debate or an argument.

The gospel is the good news about the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Furthermore–the point of sharing the Gospel isn’t to save people. Yes, you read that right. “Saving people” isn’t our job–it’s God’s job. Our job is to simply plant the seed. We are obedient to share God’s love with others, and we depend on Him for the rest.

1. When carpooling, play a Christian radio station/playlist.

You don’t have to have in on full-blast, unless you want to. Having it play quietly in the background is enough.

2. Do a random act of kindness and leave a note that says “because Jesus loves you.”

3. Read the Bible or other Christian books during your lunch break.

People will notice! They might even ask you what your book is about.

4. Support a child in a third world country.

5. When someone is sick, bring them a hot meal and offer to pray for them.

This goes for when someone in their family has passed away, too.

6. Pray for people when you hear they’re going through a rough time.

Pray right there with them. Hold their hand or place your hand on your shoulder and pray. In public, in private. Pray.

7. Give food to a homeless person on the side of the road.

Give God the credit.

8. Invite someone to church.

Lots of people who don’t go to church would go if you ask, especially around holidays like Christmas and Easter.

9. Wear t-shirts/jewelry with Christian themes or Bible verses on them.

You never know if that will strike up a conversation.

10. If you like tattoos, get a Bible verse or another Christian symbol tattooed onto your body.

11. Ask a waiter or waitress how you can pray for them.

Then leave a big tip and an encouraging note (including something like “Jesus loves you!") on the receipt.

12. Take someone to a spiritual movie.

Go out to eat afterward and talk about it.

13. Post scripture on social media (but live it, too)!

14. Send out holiday cards with scriptures on them.

15. Pray over your food, especially when you go out to eat.

Preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words.